2012 on the dyno

Pickles

Reads too much
I went on the dyno yesterday, mods are in the sig. Did 372/684 to the wheels. I did 292/527 bone stock with less than 300 miles on it. So you're telling me my truck did 80 more hp with H&S hot tune, intake, exhaust, and deletes???? They are different dyno's is that why?

Different dynos will give different numbers. Go back to one of them and run both tunes. Torque really depends on how they load it too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

With the newer trucks you can usually hold a gear, 4th or 5th for dynoing, but it still helps to run it on a loaded dyno. I have a dynojet 224xLC that does well for this.

do you have an aftermarket lift pump? without one i find this possible becasue with anywhere from 70 to 100 tune i could drain my rail. and drop fuel pressure to 0

The 6.7's I've driven and dyno'd without trans work were hard to load up, and not downshift when really laying into the throttle.

I'm not surprised. Use your brakes to load the dyno but I doubt you can expect more than 100hp gain without other mods, especially a turbo and lift pump. Expect no more than about 525 with out nozzles.

Sorry haven't been on in a while, only mods I have are in my sig. I'm just baffled because it feels almost as fast as my 5.9 with crazy larry.

Im not surprised with the numbers you got. Your lucky you got 80 more from the H&S. Chips like that figure extra HP at the crank so you can't go off what it says on the box

Any idea what your RP was? Normally the Hot tune will drain most rails or cause the rail pressure to be very low. May have made out better with the wild tune. Probably should start looking into MCC tuning. Dont believe its out yet for the 12s but i have a custom tune on my 11 and it runs so much smoother. RP holds, and almost has zero smoke. Ill let you know what thetune dynos after this weekend. I was on the dyno with the hot damn tune in the beginning of summer and did 380/912. Wasnt in the truck but i suspect my RP was way down from the way the graph just dropped off around 2500 rpm.

I don't know the rail pressure, but buddy just did 388 with the same setup. Maybe cuz I have a stock fuel pump or didn't adjust any parameters. I know it's not a Duramax but my other buddy did 430 with H&S hot tune, no parameters adjusted on a bone stock 11

Okay. Check into MCC when you can. On a daily driving tune the other week i made 460/1028 with whats in my sig. It wasnt the most aggressive tuning either. Almost smokeless. RP held around 24k psi, boost spiked 35psi and held stead at 32-33psi for most of the run. So its a pretty safe tune. Would have liked the RP to be a little higher but it was the first time out with the tune.

when I just had a Minimax and clutch and deletes I did 420's right at 1,000 TQ on a mustang dyno. Also running it on Hot

Back