2012 Service Truck Needs A Kick In the Pants

Nootch

nosprkreqrd
Have a 2012 F550 loaded to the gills in tools and parts on a daily basis. It needs a kick in the pants to help it along, BUT, it can't have deletes.

I have a line on an XRT-Pro street for 400 bucks. I don't need fancy, but i need more power filter in. Other than the H&S what are my options?

SCT has a tuner out that is DPF safe. Only 88hp though. I ran my XRT Race with dpf present tuning for about 2 weeks before i went full delete. It was great and I wouldn't hesitate running one again. I recently swapped to Rudy's Diesel custom tuned SCT.

be very aware that the turbo on the chassis cab trucks is on the ragged edge from the factory. for a while there, they were popping turbos left and right

I would want to export the files to MCC and verify that they aren't commanding a bunch of boost

be very aware that the turbo on the chassis cab trucks is on the ragged edge from the factory. for a while there, they were popping turbos left and right

I would want to export the files to MCC and verify that they aren't commanding a bunch of boost

Very good point. The 3 6.7 C&C trucks we have at work have all received a turbo. Have they found out why the C&C turbos are popping and regular pick up chassis turbos are somewhat surviving?

it's a different turbo. the C&C turbos are a traditional style single sided comp wheel. fairly small turbo. the regular pickup turbos are the dual sided comp wheel and will make more boost

you REALLY run into trouble if you start commanding "pickup" boost levels from a C&C turbo! :eek:

Thankyou Forrest, that was the kind of answer i was not wanting to hear, the the information i needed to hear.

Back