2012 Super Stock Thread

What rules are we talking about, and where can I find them?

These are the closest rules I can find, and not 1 is about turbo regs
NHRDA - National Hot Rod Diesel Association - Diesel Drag Race Rules!

Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.

Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.

Safety Equipment:
Must meet NHRA rules for times run, this will be handled by the track officials

Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other, within 12” of the turbo.

Vehicle Weight:
The vehicle with driver is limited to a minimum weight of 6000 lbs. Each wining truck will be weighted after each run. If found to be underweight your out!

Engine:
The vehicle must run a diesel engine on diesel fuel only, No injectables of any kind.
Water injection, Nitrous oxide, Propane ect. are prohibited. Only #2 Diesel fuel is allowed

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel.

Ford 6.4L Motor Only: STOCK FORD unmodified 6.4 TURBOS ARE ALLOWED

Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose.

Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must Have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. Every vehicle must have a SFI 1.1 or 1.2 approved clutch or SFI 4.1 or 4.2 approved blanket.

Intercooler:
The vehicle is limited to an air to air intercooler. No outside cooling allowed of intercooler allowed.

Tires:
The tires must be DOT street tires.

Here are the Super Stock rules for you. Gary

Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.

Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.

Safety Equipment:
Must meet NHRA rules for times run, this will be handled by the track officials

Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other, within 12” of the turbo.

Vehicle Weight:
The vehicle with driver is limited to a minimum weight of 6000 lbs. Each wining truck will be weighted after each run. If found to be underweight your out!

Engine:
The vehicle must run a diesel engine on diesel fuel only, No injectables of any kind.
Water injection, Nitrous oxide, Propane ect. are prohibited. Only #2 Diesel fuel is allowed

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel.

Ford 6.4L Motor Only: STOCK FORD unmodified 6.4 TURBOS ARE ALLOWED

Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose.

Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must Have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. Every vehicle must have a SFI 1.1 or 1.2 approved clutch or SFI 4.1 or 4.2 approved blanket.

Intercooler:
The vehicle is limited to an air to air intercooler. No outside cooling allowed of intercooler allowed.

Tires:
The tires must be DOT street tires.

Here are the Super Stock rules for you. Gary

thank you sir. Definitely not a class I want to run in :)

Where can I get the rules for the other classes?

Last edited:
ET Bracket- Bracket class. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for
speed/ET

12.0 Index - 12 Second Index. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for
speed/ET

Super Street - Heads Up. 3500 pound minimum, 4499 pound maximum. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. Aftermarket transmission permitted. No limit on power adders.

Pro-Street- Heads Up 4900 pound Minimum. All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. Aftermarket transmission permitted. No limit on power adders. Trucks must be able to run 11.49 or quicker to enter this class.
****Broke singles will be removed from 1st round of eliminations. The ladder will be made per the number of trucks left in the field.****

Pro Mod- Head Up All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. No limit on power adders. Aftermarket transmissions allowed.

Pro Dragster- Heads up All Vehicles must meet NHRA Requirements for speed/ET. No limit on power adders. Aftermarket transmissions allowed.

Plus Super Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, thanks again.

I just need to settle on a class where I can run compounds and slicks at least cheaters.

I'd love to run with darren, but I'll have to wait until he's 80 with glaucoma or something and can't focus on the track.

OK, it's almost June. Can I get a head count of the people that are definately planning on racing in the Super Stock class in Bradenton, Florida Feb. 2012? I would dearly love to see a packed field for Super Stock. I do think I'm going to have all the other classes at the same time as this class. Super Stock will still be the largest payout for any of the classes. I'm going to meet with the track soon and firm up a date. I'm also going to start another thread for the other classes to respond to. So, tell me who all is in? Gary

first time i saw this thread, i like it, any idea on payout?

Lets get you, Rich Buckley, DirtyMax, Banks, and the triple turbo truck that was in Bowling Green to come out and whoever else has a pro-stock truck to come and Im sure the payout will be good! I know darren is in

first time i saw this thread, i like it, any idea on payout?

MILLIONS Wade, just MILLIONS. Exhibition passes usually pay don't pay anything. You need to go on a recruiting mission and get enough trucks to make a class. If you are really nice to me I might just buy you one whole tank of fuel just so you will come to Florida and race. Wade, I'm just now trying to start putting this race together so I have no idea on a payout. I'm definately NOT putting it on to be a millionaire. I'm trying to do my share to keep the sport I love alive. Nothing more, nothing less. See ya in Feb., Gary

DISCLAIMER; said "fuel tank" may not be in excess of 30 US galons maximum, and or diesel fuel price shall not be more than any of local habib stores less 10%

You have AirDog's support for the class. We sponsored it for TS as well in hopes to keep the class alive. It seems to have a lot of potential. I have it in next years marketing budget already.

We're in Gary... with this much notice I believe we can get there before qualifying this time. :banghead:

Besides, every time I go through Tampa my cousin buys me a steak dinner! :woohoo:

Could you please explain further?:poke:

Pictures of your sweetie toting that new purse ya got her for her birthday and I will!

I put that in there Anthony to see if you really have ADHD Anthony! You don't, I got caught copy and pasting from Dennis' rules :doh: Thanks for your support, Gary

That was from my post explaining the classes at TS to Subman. PM sent.

I guess I will be the first to ask, because it is bound to come up next year, but what about the 6.7 ford air to water IC. The tuning is coming along for that motor and I can see modded turbos and an A2W IC maybe having an unfair advantage. Modding the cooler for standalone or the dozens of other possibilities could rub some the wrong way.

MILLIONS Wade, just MILLIONS. Exhibition passes usually pay don't pay anything. You need to go on a recruiting mission and get enough trucks to make a class. If you are really nice to me I might just buy you one whole tank of fuel just so you will come to Florida and race. Wade, I'm just now trying to start putting this race together so I have no idea on a payout. I'm definately NOT putting it on to be a millionaire. I'm trying to do my share to keep the sport I love alive. Nothing more, nothing less. See ya in Feb., Gary

DISCLAIMER; said "fuel tank" may not be in excess of 30 US galons maximum, and or diesel fuel price shall not be more than any of local habib stores less 10%

Thats funny gary, LOL. But a tank of fuel wont even get me out of virginia. :lolly:

Nice thought though!

There shouldn't be any exceptions made for A/W CACs or anything else - rules should be simple & across the board... although I think any charge-air cooler should be allowed, since there isn't a significant practical difference between types in view of the class's Big Rules: #2, 6K & 2.6

Last edited:
OK it's officially started! :snoop: Feb. 24th and 25th 2012 at Bradenton Motorsport's Park. This year I will be running all of the regular classes to include Pro Street, 12.0, and ET. I'm hoping to also have a full class of Pro Stock and a few rail's! As far as the 2.6 Super Stock class, it will be included if there is enough interest. I know that's what got us started this year, but the truck count fell far short of my expectation's. The purse for all of the classes will be announced after this years Scheid event. Rule's for Super Stock will remain the same so as not to cause the previous competitor's any issue's. The rest of the classes will follow the normal Outlaw rules such as TS, and Scheid and will be posted soon. Florida weather in February is normally great for any outdoor activities. I look forward to a smooth and easy event that everyone can attend. Last race there were not any bad behavior, and I have yet to hear a complaint. I will keep everyone up to date as question's or any change's happen. Thank you, Gary

Back