2014 code P003a. Bad turbo actuator?

smoken02

Fresh off a delete since the dealer told me my DPF was plugged. I’m driving down the road exhaust brake on as usual. Everything is working fine. 30 miles down the road I let off and no exhaust brake. Look down and the CEL is on. I get stopped and check the code. P003a. I erased the code and continue on. Exhaust brake works again just fine. I turned the brake off thinking maybe that was the cause. I wanted to see if the light came back on not using the brake. I drove home later and no light as of yet. From what I’m gathering searching the net. It sounds like I need to replace the actuator. Could it be anything else?

Last edited:
Fresh off a delete since the dealer told me my DPF was plugged. I’m driving down the road exhaust brake on as usual. Everything is working fine. 30 miles down the road I let off and no exhaust brake. Look down and the CEL is on. I get stopped and check the code. P003a. I erased the code and continue on. Exhaust brake works again just fine. I turned the brake off thinking maybe that was the cause. I wanted to see if the light came back on not using the brake. I drove home later and no light as of yet. From what I’m gathering searching the net. It sounds like I need to replace the actuator. Could it be anything else?

You can just replace the actuator. You will need access to a scanner that can complete the learn procedure.

I found a few eBay dealers that sell refurbished actuators that they say are pre programmed. Is that even possible?

Back