2014 Laramie 2500

Only have a couple hundred miles on the edge, but the power comes on strong and smooth. Truck actually gets off the line now. Definitely doesn't feel like a pumped 12v or cr with a smarty, but beggers can't be choosers. I really miss my efi live lbz when it comes to hauling ass.

Just picked up a 14' Laramie, dear lord this is a nice truck. Dodge has come a long way. Now I must resist throwing more money into it.

Glad to hear the new trucks are working out well for you guys. Might get my paws on one in a bit here.

Still enjoying the gains with the JWA. Still liking the truck. Haven't broke anything yet. I feel like it needs an alignment. Pulls to the left.

Any of the regulars on here have a truck with the Aisin & 385hp/850lb-ft engine (soon to be 865lb-ft for 2015 model year) and/or the new active-level air suspension in it yet? Tow with it? If so, any impressions would be welcome. Thank you.

Also, I wonder if they are actually re-tuning the engine at all or just saying it has a few more lb-ft of torque in the marketing materials when ever they need to one up Ford again without actually doing anything. Honestly, can anyone feel a 15 lb-ft increase in an 8,000-8,500lb truck?

Germans sports car manufacturers were known to do that in the 80's/90's quite a bit- give a wildly low power rating to the car's engine and then just raise the rated power in the press without actually doing anything to seem like they were making progress.

Settings 1-4 I leave tq man and low boost on 1. On 5 and 6 I leave it turned up. I normally drive around on 3. Pull on 3. Steep grades I drop it to 2. Ive only had it in 6 a couple times. Mostly just putt around. Mileage all around is better.

Old man has been getting 18-19 unloaded, you getting a full 2 mpg more with the edge?

Adam,
I've been contemplating a new cummins or duramax. Any info that would sway me one way or the other?

Any word Adam, just Picked up a 14 longhorn, looking for a Stryker or edge in the near future just not sure what I want, I like the edge for the cts but also the Stryker for its stealth power. Any input would be appreciated on the edge? Fuel mpg, simplicity, issues?

Thanks Clinton

Man I really want to get a new 14 or 15, the blacked out edition catches my eye but all the emissions stuff and the problems with them make me hesitant to buy one. Is that a realistic concern?
And I know its not a diesel but have yall heard anything about the Power Wagons? they have me intrigued as well.

Brought home a longhorn saturday. It's really not even fair to compare it to the 04, it's just so much nicer. Dodge made a huge leap over the 3rd gens.

Only bad thing so far I've noticed is a vibration around 65-70, think the tires may be out of balance or it's just the shatty azz roads. Seems to come and go.
The tranny likes to upshift alot, it'll be running in 6th @ 45 just cruising in town. Which is a pain when you need to jump out real quick, almost had to pull the oar's out earlier today LOL

It'll be nice when tranny tuning comes out. I wouldn't mind a small tune to wake it up with keeping the dpf and scr but the egr has to go. One thing is she needs tint bad, that's on tomorrows to do list.

IMAG0564_zps7a95513d.jpg

Well installed a AFE intake system on my 14, got the dreaded and talked about Check engine light, I'm assuming to much secondary air code. What is everyones fix for these, its not hurting i guess its just the principle of 60K and looking at a light...

Any input ? or experience ?
yes, i have searched here... no luck , and google sent me to cumminsforum .......

132EC120-B614-44D0-BC1F-A62DE8E34BFC_zpsnkxcptaq.jpg

Dyno'd last night. Emissions intact. Everything stock other than juice on hot. I wanted a baseline. Efi should be out soon. Ordered exhaust, egr plates, bully dog gt and unlock cable. Will be picking up a v2 soon as well.

Pile of parts sitting in the garage. Come on efi release I really need back into compounds.

Back