2015 ram 2500 auto level air bags

Breedsrt

diesel and tranny tech
Well I bit the bullet on a new 2015 mega cab black edition Laramie. It has the auto level air bags in the rear. It has to ride height settings. Normal and alternate trailer height. On normal setting it has the rake to it. With the Alt setting it levels the truck. Is there any way to make the normal mode be the leveled off setting? Basically swap the two air bag pressures and mode settings. Just curious if it can be done. It will stay in the alt mode start after start until I swap modes again. It just has this annoying display on my cluster when it's in this mode. Any info would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a loaded big horn black appearance Saturday with the auto level rear air. Mine sits very level at normal ride height and has just a barely noticeable rake when the alt. trailer level is on. You can turn off the display feature in your settings.

How do you guys like the air ride so far, For ride and for towing? Is it the same as the 3500 just big air bags where the coils would be? I am just trying to figure out if it's worth the 1600 option that it cost to get them over the coil suspention. I'm trading my 6.7 powerstroke in on one and the dealer has the truck I want with either suspention I'm not sure witch one to choose.. Thanks guys for the feedback

On the 2500 it's just an air bag where the coil spring would be. On the 3500 it's like a helper bag on top of the leaf springs. To be honest it rides a little better than the old leaf spring setup. I haven't driven one with just the coil springs so I couldn't tell you how the ride compares between those two. I had a 2012 f250 4x4 6.7l and it rode so much better than this dodge lol. Ford has there suspension down! The reason I went with dodge over a new platinum ford is because I got it at a good price compared to fords price out the door and I like the black edition option on the dodge. For towing purposes the ford tended to squat real bad but it towed good. The dodge doesn't squat with the auto level bags and it still tows great. All in all I think it's worth the $1600 option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for your feedback. That is the only thing i have not liked about my 2012 powerstoke they squat with a bag of dog food.. I had to put air bags on it right away. thats what makes me want to go with bags from the get go..

Back