210HP P Pump help

hydroshok

Covered in grease
1097940_409478769173677_1929442722_n.jpg

Anyone else running one of these pumps? What timing do they like? Any other info on the pump is appreciated. I know it has 12mm plungers and I think 181DVs. I racked the barrels and resealed it. I'm running a 0 plate, 4kgsk, rack plug and tuned AFC. Other mods are in my sig.

I'm guessing I'm at 19 now for timing. It runs well, but has a slight haze at idle.
The truck is my dd. I haul material in the bed (~2k) and occasionally pull a 7500lb trailer. I just want to have a fun truck to drive and get decent fuel economy.

The haze could be due to low fuel pressure , I too was havin the same issue ..

I went to LarryBs.com and got a new OFV( Over flow valve - Adjustable) .. Now my truck really is snappy and the haze is nearly gone .

It produces higher Fuel pressure by limiting the fuel returned to tank, with an adjustable orfice size - set from factoy 30-32 psi . Before this i was @ 18-20 psi , Huge difference SOP says I picked up some good power too , Now I actually make some smoke now - looks like time to tune the AFC again .

Thanks!, that's a good point. The assassin only makes 25 @ idle. I might be fine if I can get a new OFV. It runs great otherwise. I'll try pinching the return line and see what the pressure is.

your guessing your at 19* of timing? or your sure of it? and as far as the haze at idle..welcome to having a p pump. and dont waste your money on a adjustable OFV get a tork tek 60 OFV

I can't find a timing chart so its an educated guess based on moving the harmonic balancer after pin timing the pump.

When I pinched the line, I had 35psi @ idle. It still looked like it was hazing, but it was dark and I didn't have the best light.

I have a Tork Tek 60 from my last setup with the airdog, but I don't think an OFV that is constantly flowing is a good idea with the belt driven pumps. I can always throw it in this weekend and see what it does if I can find it.

I can't find a timing chart so its an educated guess based on moving the harmonic balancer after pin timing the pump.

When I pinched the line, I had 35psi @ idle. It still looked like it was hazing, but it was dark and I didn't have the best light.

I have a Tork Tek 60 from my last setup with the airdog, but I don't think an OFV that is constantly flowing is a good idea with the belt driven pumps. I can always throw it in this weekend and see what it does if I can find it.

LOL... Your Cummins has a belt driven pump ???? :lolly:

Yep. After the KDP messed up the timing case and gears, I threw a drive belt from a Harley in there. No more unreliable gears for me lol.

I tried that first and it didn't like to run. I'm not so worried about the timing if you say haze @ idle is normal because it runs great. I'm hoping someone will chime in with pump info. Thanks though. I'll let you know what the TT60 does if I can find it today.

The haze could be due to low fuel pressure , I too was havin the same issue ..

Great advice! I stretched out my spring in the OFV a little more and now see 35psi @ idle. The truck runs completely different. It picks up quicker off idle with less pedal. I'm guessing that is because the 210HP pump has the 160/175HP cam so it is more sensitive to fuel pressure? AFC tuning is in the near future because I see more smoke.

The haze @ idle is also completely gone!!!

Did you get the chance to try the TT60 with the assassin?

Squeaky Wheel

It didn't like to run when you spill port timed it?

Nope. A ton of white smoke and I had to use the throttle to start it. That was the first time I used that method so who knows if I did something wrong. I don't see investing the time now since it runs well. I'm burnt out working on it at this point with all the problems I've had with this build. I just want to enjoy it and do basic maint. for 1-200k.

Did you get the chance to try the TT60 with the assassin?

Squeaky Wheel

I have no clue where I put it now. When I find it, I'll try it out and post.

Ya know .. now that you have no KDP , Why not gears ? I never knwe they even made a belt drive for the P7100 .. guess I still know nothin' LOL

They were all chewed up so I just cut grooves into them and ran the belt. all the dayum oil in the case makes the timing slip. Version 2.0 will be a cog belt!

Why not just get new gearing, with the gearing, and an adjustable timing gear, there a lot easier than "Guessing" at timing .. my .02

I didn't know you were serious. I have a belt driven lift pump. I was joking around with the whole harley drive belt deal. Look at the DTT assassin or GDP Fuel Boss. Tork Tek makes special OFVs for these types of pumps, which is why I didn't think one that is constantly open made for an electric lift pump would be a good idea.

I say I'm guessing on timing because I don't know what the plunger lift is supposed to be on a 210HP pump. I believe the pump is pin timed @ 11.5* so I moved the harmonic balancer back after pin timing the pump and pulling the gear to get ~19* total timing

Back