241LD vs. HD

20valve

Tired 215
What are the case differences between them? Guy locally has one of each for sale, but the cases are broke. Wondering if I can put the HD stuff in my LD, and if not, what the differences are.

they are different i just went through that delima as far as i know the cases are different and whats inside of them have a little similarity transfercaseexpress.com will tell you alot more

The main difference I know is that the HD had a PTO output on it. As for other differences, I don't know.

I think the DHD chains were heavier. When I broke my DLD I searched for a DHD. They're very hard to find and very expensive. You can get a much stronger 271 for less than a DHD so that's the way I went.

The LD has a smaller output shaft than the HD
I Broke my LD output last year and was going to go with a HD but i would have needed to change the flange i had made for the slipyolk. So i just rebuilt it with a new LD shaft

The LD has a smaller output shaft than the HD
I Broke my LD output last year and was going to go with a HD but i would have needed to change the flange i had made for the slipyolk. So i just rebuilt it with a new LD shaft

In to addition to that the tail shaft housing is different and beefier on the HD .

www.quad4x4.com has the fix for the snap ring that fails and breaks the shaft.

Are you saying the outputs are interchangeble or did I read that wrong?

HHMMmm i dont know if they are interchangeble
I know the shaft is bigger and of course the back of the case is differant

Back