24v 3 piece manifold on a 12v?

grncummins

Is it possible to gasket match a 24v round hole manifold to work on a 12v head? Wondering if anyone has done this and if there is enough material to port the 24v exhaust manifold and make the round holes somewhat match up on the square holed 12v head? I have a free 3 piece 24v manifold and would love to save 600 bucks and make it work on my 12v puller. thanks

awesome i had the same question. im glad someone else thought of the idea too lol.

I have also done this and I am currently running it on my truck with no issues.

What are yall using for the gaskets between the head and the manifold when yall are doing this?

Haha oh I see now. No im talking about are yall using the square or round hole gaskets? I have put my square gaskets up to it and i am going to have to trim the sids so that i dont get metal through my turbo but then there is no way they will seal do to there not being enough material on the sides. It looks like am just going to have to cut my own gaskets out of a sheet. any opinions appreciated thanks.

How much porting needs to be done on the manifold?

Its looking like the top and bottom area of the holes need to be taken down and blended into the square style holes. The left and right sides of the holes are already plenty big.

Back