24v head vs CR head

skav

Are there any differences between the two?

Can you use a 24v head in a CR block? I've heard that CR injectors won't fit in a 24v head. Is this right?

Thanks,
Sean

Early 99 have no valve seats to drop out
Cr headshave press in valve seats
the injectors will fit but the main difference is the tubes that connect the injector to the line

water ports are different also on the older 12v heads compared to the CR's so, some machining and/or gasket cutting would be required too.

Early 99 have no valve seats to drop out
Cr headshave press in valve seats
the injectors will fit but the main difference is the tubes that connect the injector to the line

So will CR injectors fit in a 24v head if you buy stock CR tubes, or will it require machine work?

So will CR injectors fit in a 24v head if you buy stock CR tubes, or will it require machine work?

The injectors fit but the CR tubes will not. You can have some custom tubes made to fit. IMO your better off buying a CR head deck it and have new upgraded seats an bronze guides installed and enjoy it. I've gone the other way around using a CR head on a vp truck. Only cause I needed a head and had a new CR head on the shelf ready to go. I bought custom tubes from Monster Pump Mike.

Chris.

Back