24V P-Pump Conversion Lines?

Agreed. I have to start with #5 on my set from Scheid. Then #6 and then 4, 3, 2, 1. It is almost impossible to get a wrench on #5 at the head once #6 goes on.
I usually fight number 5 and 6 with a stubby wrench and a crows foot with short extentsion on a rachet.

I usually fight number 5 and 6 with a stubby wrench and a crows foot with short extentsion on a rachet.

Yeah I always use a crows foot wrench on 5 and 6 but it is physically impossible to get a wrench on 5 after 6 is on the head. The line comes so close to the #5 nut.

I have gotten .078,.084,.093 mild and .084,.093 SS from mostly PDP and some Haisley. ALL have come from Scheid. I have prolly handled 2 dozen sets now and only a couple were of the same bend style. some came fully clamped others with near nothing.
10% of the lines leaked @ the head where the flare and line are attached.

Why dont more people just bend the vp lines? It took me about three hours with a vise and a torch and none of them leak. used the clamps i had laying around to keep them still. They are not pretty i know but i dont think they are an eyesore. then again, i dont have everything in my engine bay painted up pretty.

I do realize that many people want bigger lines anyway but i was broke when i did the swap.

I have gotten .078,.084,.093 mild and .084,.093 SS from mostly PDP and some Haisley. ALL have come from Scheid. I have prolly handled 2 dozen sets now and only a couple were of the same bend style. some came fully clamped others with near nothing.
10% of the lines leaked @ the head where the flare and line are attached.

Do you bend the ones in your conversion kits or are they the scheid lines?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Why dont more people just bend the vp lines? It took me about three hours with a vise and a torch and none of them leak. used the clamps i had laying around to keep them still. They are not pretty i know but i dont think they are an eyesore. then again, i dont have everything in my engine bay painted up pretty.

I do realize that many people want bigger lines anyway but i was broke when i did the swap.

I don't bother with it because they look awful in the end IMO.

Back