24v P-Pump swap

farmboy3510

I have started looking into turning my vp into a P-pump. I talked to some places and they sell kits and I was wondering what actually is involved in switching one of these over. I have been told that I need the cam gear and cover fuel lines, and the brackets to actually mount the pump, the pump it self, and the throttle linkage. Is that it? Could I buy a wrecked truck and just rob the parts off of it or is the kit just for a 24v. how involved of a job is it installing all of the parts on the truck, 1 day 2 days or a couple of hours. Anyone who has done this or anyone with some insight on this project would be great. Thanks in advance!

The swap is relativly easy. U shoud be able to snag most parts off of ebay or find a 12 engine complete and peace out the engine. Then Just buy the desired fuels from Scheids. Probly should have match injectors also

You can use the throttle linkage off your vp, just a little fab work to get it mounted. As far as time, I would say if you have all the parts ready to go on, it should be a weekend job. Getting the parts is the hardest part of the whole deal. Dont buy a wrecked truck, you realy dont need many parts off it, unless you just want an extra truck for other parts.

Back