24v to 12v?

NEsmoker

So Last season my head cracked enough to bleed 2 cylinders off (1 threw intake and 1 threw exhaust, from injector hole to valve) enough that it wouldnt let me spool up. Ran like crap and would never smooth out. So i picked up another head and sent it to machine shop and it has bunch of cracks threw valvle seat also. They arent bad but im not wanting to go threw this again.
So im thinking of putting a 12v head on now. Ill need pistons, new injectors, lines, head and valvetrain and 12v pushrods and tappets. Theres nothing major im overlooking about this right??
The only electrical i had hooked up on my ppump 24v was crank sensor, oil psi and tps on the pump cause i have the auto yet. So i shouldnt have any problems right?
Im frustrated with the 24v head crap and the 12v head will make it easier for me to do a sheet metal intake and plumb everything to.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

The pushs rod are different length. If it was mine ,i would keep it a 4v. I'm sure you can find a good head. A 24v head will flow more than a 12v head. Hands down.

but 24v valve train wont take alot of lift without alot of $$$$$$$

A 12v head will flow enough air to make more hp than my wallet will support. I got 2 pretty 4 v door stops sittin here. Id rather beef up less valvetrain to.

Back