24v vp44 head gasket

WPDiesel

I'm looking for some answers from someone on here I've thrown money at these vp44 motors like crazy! Monster mike top feeds and twins and such but it never fails how much money I put in holding the head down it always blows a gasket! What is everyone's opinion on the best way to hold say 70psi on these? The only 12mm head stud option I haven't tried was arp625 and haven't done 14mm studs yet. I've done fire rings both sides, head side only, and block side only. I wonder if the people with high hp and psi are using common rail blocks with the mls gasket I've never had issues with those. Thanks for any help

If it's not holding at 70 psi, something is wrong. Mine has held with the cheap arp's and o rings for 2 years at 70-75 psi daily driving and towing. The stock head gasket and bolts made it for a year at 80+ psi.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If it's not holding at 70 psi, something is wrong. Mine has held with the cheap arp's and o rings for 2 years at 70-75 psi daily driving and towing. The stock head gasket and bolts made it for a year at 80+ psi.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Agreed ^^

I know plenty of trucks holding at 60-70psi with just fastenal bolts, is it blowing the same spot every time?

What kind of power are you making? I assume you are loosing cyclinder pressure and not just pushing coolant from excessive rpm based on the vp?

I've been over 700 for a while with orings and h11s. Even ran stock bolts with the orings for a year before putting studs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

850hp 85-90 psi on boost kept having the head and block checked oem gasket with fire rings used h11 they stretched too much used 425s first that obviously went bad wrong! . Maybe my machine shop sucks that's all I can come up with....

It's hard to tell the on compression side but I know forsure it's coolant and oil but it looked like residue possibly understand the fire ring.... What are you guys doing to keep them down?

IT was monster vp44 now I'm switching to p pump but using high compression so I'll have more cylinder pressure

I could mic them and tell ya but I guess the machine shop I use does Scheids machining also so I just assumed it was correct for the rings they use!

I laid down 546/1035 with an Edge Comp, 125hp DDP injectors, and BD Diesel Tow twins. I could hit 60-65 psi and saw 72 at one point. I popped an o-ringed head within 6 months so I had my head fireringed, block was untouched, ARP studs and torqued them to 180ftlbs. I ran it like that for 4 years before the gasket finally started to leak coolant in the front left side. It flat out rotted away. My buddy is running the same head set up on his 02. He has a bigger set of twins than I do and his has been fine for 3 years anyway. I'd say your machine shop sucks.

I laid down 546/1035 with an Edge Comp, 125hp DDP injectors, and BD Diesel Tow twins. I could hit 60-65 psi and saw 72 at one point. I popped an o-ringed head within 6 months so I had my head fireringed, block was untouched, ARP studs and torqued them to 180ftlbs. I ran it like that for 4 years before the gasket finally started to leak coolant in the front left side. It flat out rotted away. My buddy is running the same head set up on his 02. He has a bigger set of twins than I do and his has been fine for 3 years anyway. I'd say your machine shop sucks.

I'm thinking your right!

Back