2nd Gen Swap Turbo Oil Drain

Dbordenb

The turbo oil drain on my pickup is leaking a little and I'm looking for replacements. Is there one that is most commonly used? I found source automotive and vulcan diesel sell one for second gen swaps and I have read about guys just buying the turbo fitting and building their own. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Fleece sells the best oil drain out there. It uses all AN fittings and braided lines.

I bought the block fitting from Stainless, some hose and a 3/4 brass male to thread into the female oil drain flange on my s400. Probably spent 50-60 bucks.

Thanks for the replies so far. I like the fleece drain and will go with it if I decide to not build my own.

PPE makes one that uses an O-ring to simplify installation. Has anyone used a drain fitting like that? Do they seal up as well as the cummins style drain gasket?
And what size hose is needed to fit the stainless fitting?

I had to get 7/8 hose. 3/4 heater hose wouldn't go over the drain fittings in the block. The blue hose from source automotive splits after a couple years. I bought 7/8 hose from summit

FYI heater hose will deteriorate from oil over time. Fuel or hydraulic hose is best.

How hard is it to remove the drain fitting in the block?

It shouldn't be too difficult. It just has 2 o-rings that seal it. Just give it a good pull and it should pop out. You may need to wiggle it a little, nothing more.

Jegs Is identical to fleece. stainless has one but a lot small size . I've used all the three and jegs looks identical to fleece and half the cost. I believe firepunk uses them in the turbo set up they sell also.

Jegs Is identical to fleece. stainless has one but a lot small size . I've used all the three and jegs looks identical to fleece and half the cost. I believe firepunk uses them in the turbo set up they sell also.

I saw the one made by jegs but it looked too short. Do they sell a longer one?

Back