2nd gen twin kit on a 1st gen?

1stgensleeper

So I may be trading a guy and getting a 2nd gen twin piping kit (s300/s400 style) and I've been wanting to run twins but this kit is designed to be used on a 2nd gen dodge. I have a 1992 D250. Will it work on my truck? If not is it close to being able to work? Thanks guys. I appreciate any help.

Jared

should work just fine, we build a twin kit on my buddies '92 and i copied it and put it on a '97 only thing i had to make different was the charge pipe to the I/C but also my buddies 92 had a ford 7.3l I/C

I would imagine you'd have a bit more room for the setup in a 1st gen compared to a 2nd gen.

That's what I was thinking too. I know the first gen engines seem to sit a little lower in the engine compartment than what the second gens do and they have a lot more room around the sides. Plus the back of the engine isn't under the dash. Just wanted to make sure it would work. Thanks.

Should be just fine. We have done it a few times with my setups and then my brother putting them in his 1st gen. Just a little modification here or there.

Sounds good. I'm having a guy on here build me a set that'll fit now. I'm planning to do a p pumped 1992 D250 with an hx35/s475 twin setup. We'll see how it does.

Back