2wd Death Wobble

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Guys
Went and picked up a customers truck today. its a 95 2wd dually with IFS. It has the death wobble bad... when breaking and if ya hit a bridge with a good bump. Ive seen this in 4x4s but never in a 2wd. Yall have any advice on what to start looking at. gonna get it in the shop in the next few days.

Thanks

loose balljoints and tierods, with a square tire can do it. kinda rare for a ifs to do it though. it must have a tie rod end loose at one of the tires.

You need to check the whole front end, Lynn. Check wheel bearings, ball joints, all tie-rod ends, idler and pitman arms. If it's bad enough to cause what you're saying, something will be worn out bad.

Scott

Thanks buddy for posting this again you got better responses than I did the whole front end will be worn out with 300k plus on it

I was planning on hauling it in but the truck i was using kept gettin hot on me so i had to go to plan B. I tried to avoid every stop light i could lol

are the front rotors warped? mine were and it kept feeling like it was going to DW on me.

My 2 wd had a bad idler arm and a busted belt in the tire and would cause it to death wobble with the slightest bump

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mine has it when you brake. But not all the time. I've checked everything under the front end. New ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm. Tie rod ends seem to be ok. Sorry to jack your thread but I'm at a loss too. Any ideas anyone??

Mine has it when you brake. But not all the time. I've checked everything under the front end. New ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm. Tie rod ends seem to be ok. Sorry to jack your thread but I'm at a loss too. Any ideas anyone??

Not a problem lol

Looked at it a little closer today... A-arm bushings are shot... Sway bar bushings are shot..... For the shape its in it actually drives good lol.. gonna get it in the shop in the next few days and get it jacked up and see how everything else looks.

Yes Lynn it never did it until I put those two on the front. I have two more I'm going to try an see but driving OTR my time off is worst than yours lol

Dont 2wds have front wheel bearings that need proper preload? might be something worth checking?

Back