2wd sledpulling

malibu795

2wd numb nut
well i got a 2wd still want to sled pul with it :bang and buying a 4x4 is not an option right now or converting to 4wd either :bang .. so i am stuck with what i got to have fun with.

power wise i got 450-500 at the tires.
im think about picking up some boggers to aide in traction and traction bars.
weight im already 300# lighter than a 4x4, hitch height, blocks, what else can i do?

33x14.0 boggers are the tires
pull in either 1st or 2nd gear
most likely will not be leadign the pack or anything and have to run with th 4x4 crowd. which is no biggy

so imput would be welcome including smart ass remarks :hehe: :pop:

You need to really beef up the rear end and then figure out how you can get that thing to stand on its back two tires, lifting the front tire about an inch off the dirt when it is going down the track.

yup, get all the weight you can on the rear-end, thats going to be your best bet. Most people would rather tell you that its not worth it than help.

hell if i got 250' roughly middle of the pack in the TTC at redding
small tires on front, strapped, i think i could have better than half a shot at it

lubeowner said:
You need to really beef up the rear end and then figure out how you can get that thing to stand on its back two tires, lifting the front tire about an inch off the dirt when it is going down the track.
what is the hitching height????

i can easily lower the front about 4-5" than the rear and strap front so it does not droop

I have noticed most 2wd trucks I have been around, the rear axle is clear to the rear of the truck to help with the weight transfer while the front is up. Make sure you have a lot of rpm to take with you too, you will need it. On some hard tracks the boggers might be too agressive, maybe if you had some half worn out ones might be good for a spare set just in case.

DieselWrencher said:
I have noticed most 2wd trucks I have been around, the rear axle is clear to the rear of the truck to help with the weight transfer while the front is up. Make sure you have a lot of rpm to take with you too, you will need it. On some hard tracks the boggers might be too agressive, maybe if you had some half worn out ones might be good for a spare set just in case.

i agree with the point of sliding the rear axle backward toward the hitch.
sled pulling is a science of levers and fulcroms and for me apliyng the most mechanical force to the rear tires

i might rear gear from 3.73 to 4.10 later on since i am SOL in the gear reduction of the xfer case
wheel speed i can mechanically hit 30mph with a 3.73/33" tire setup in frist gear @ 3500rpm or 2000 in second

knowing that the west coast is known for loose tracks i might be able to get away with it i doubt a 285, 305, 315, std MT tire would give me enough traction to pull the sled
as for 2wd class most likely ill have to suck up being against the 4wd guys till more 2wd want to do it
sara ......:blahblah1: :poke:

most brush pulls I have done are willing to let 2 wheels pull and some will even let them run 30in hitch. I have ben told with 30in on a 2wheeler vs 26in on 4X4 they are competively matched but I dont know of any 700+ horse 2wheel trucks around here. I will second House I went 268ft sat. night and broke the front axle coming out. good for a 4th place

silvercummins96 said:
most brush pulls I have done are willing to let 2 wheels pull and some will even let them run 30in hitch. I have ben told with 30in on a 2wheeler vs 26in on 4X4 they are competively matched but I dont know of any 700+ horse 2wheel trucks around here. I will second House I went 268ft sat. night and broke the front axle coming out. good for a 4th place
were you in redding this past week end??

silvercummins96 said:
no I was in St. peters, MO friday and New baden,IL saturday
Are you going to be at Marthasville,Mo sat 2 diesel classes stock turbo class and a super street class 2.8 max for the turbos Same as the DHRA.Tec starts at 5:00 Pull starts at 7:00

Dale

dont think so its back in pieces, thanks for the clutch advice friday night.I will probly go but I dont think they will let me pull the Grizzly and the dodge dont move without a rearend and front axle shaft

spec on the pipe XXHD160 carbon steel pipe ID 2" wall thickness .316 little bigger than (5/16" @ .3126") OD 2.625(2 5/8") the rachet is a std 3/8 rachett
pipe length is 120" currently mos tlikely finnish around 100" over all legnth

Attachments

• HPIM0213.JPG
    HPIM0213.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 80
  • HPIM0214.JPG
    HPIM0214.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 93
  • HPIM0217.JPG
    HPIM0217.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 103
Dazed&Confused said:
I would like to see a 2WD class come around since that is what I'm running right now.

Andy
well right now it look like we got to get some what competative witht eh 4x
hanging weigh will only hurt us best place for it would be just forward of the axle then adjsut hithc for height and an agreesive treaded tire
since i am out in cali and the tracks are norm loose im head straight for 33s14 bogger and runn frst gear up to the red line and hold it there,

from what i read most place in the WS ot put wiegh in the turck but not hang weight in front of the bumper which we wouldnt do any ways.

jsut like draging we would need a dedicated rim and tire and long traction bars fro weight x fer basicly everyth oposite of our 4x4 brothers

Yeap, I have thought about this and it would be cool. That is the only reason I really want a 4x4. I dont need one but would love to pull.

Andy

:bang D.U.M. dumb! pull'n with a 2wd would be as effective as a monkey fu_k'n a foot ball. Trade that wreck in for a 4wd. Its fast on the strip but why not be able to do both. You could find a 4wd for the same price or cheaper than the one you have now.

Back