2wd Super Mod build

Dale, I think he meant like this...
IMG.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, but after seeing it in person I think it will be strong enough, though it would be stronger with diagonal braces with the same weight.

jflagg's all over it... his picture shows what I meant. :D

gussets will help too though.

I still think it's spectacular!! Especially beings how you built it all yourself. :rockwoot:

I thought you was talking about the body frame work.The frame is done like that back by the rear end.the frame is made out of 2x2x1/4 the that made it heaver than the one's they make for blown gassers so I figure he knows what he is doing.At least I hope.The frame is 15' long from the center of the rear tires to the most forward part of the frame and alowed 10" for cosmedic fiberglass.
thanks J for clearing that up.
Mitch I hope others will tell me if they see some thing that could be wrong also.It is hard to see everything frome the picture's You can see them on this one.
01-25-09_1417.jpg

Dale

Motor mounts and trany mount done and on now I have to do is do some polishing and detail work them.also got the whealie bars and bump stops done.
02-16-09_0820.jpg

02-15-09_1720.jpg

02-15-09_1718.jpg

02-15-09_1716.jpg

02-15-09_1717.jpg

Dale

Last edited:
One of my sponsors is supplying the clutch (MCS) sofore he is making a 4disk for pulling.

Dale

Looks good Dale, you better fabricate some stout intermediate shaft shielding or you could loose the family jewels :)

BBD

Is that plate between the can and engine block what I've heard referred to as a "mid-plate"???

Is it in lieu of having a rear crossmember to support the rear of the engine???

Having never seen or been around one, why is the gear box so far away from the clutch can?? Do I remember correctly, yours is a single forward and single reverse gear???

Looks awesome!!!

That profab has 3forward and 1 reverse.The middle plate is used for the 4th clutch disk I'm also using it a a rear mount like I had in the minirod some just call it a rear motor mount.

Looks good Dale, you better fabricate some stout intermediate shaft shielding or you could loose the family jewels

The shaft will be completely covered with 3/8 alum,tube from the clutch can to the Profab.
Did you get anything figured out on the new motor.
Dale

God. I'm going to quit keeping up with this thread, cuz every time i look at it I get more and more jelos of you Dale lol.

nothing to get juelis about I'm getting to the point theat it is starting to take more time to see progress and time I'm goping to have to start spending money I don't have to spare sofore we have been able to use what I have had laying around.I was going to buy some levers like we have in Destroked for all the kills I will just have to make them now out of some scrap allum, and polish them and the shift levers and throttle lever also. my time don't realy cost me anything.
but I can say we have build most of it.

Dale

Looks like it is a very clean build, I am super excited to see a wheelie standing diesel breathing pick-up hooked to a sled :)! Keep up the awesome work!
Brandon

what material are those engine mounts?? they just look different than the MS frame so I was curious.

You gonna tear it all back apart and paint or coat the frame or just let 'er go as-is for now???

Again, this thing is soooo awesome!

what material are those engine mounts?? they just look different than the MS frame so I was curious.

You gonna tear it all back apart and paint or coat the frame or just let 'er go as-is for now???

Again, this thing is soooo awesome!

All the mounts motor,bellhousing,trany are all 1/2" allum,Every thing get's taken all apart so Dan can paint what ever needs to be painted and I can polish all the allum,

Dale

why is the gear box so far away from the clutch can??
It is the length shaft that profab has on hand. we used it so if anything happened to it we didn't have to wait for a custom shaft

Back