3.0 class tire option idea

Rods

Turbo Crasher
Its been brought up with some of the pro4 guys in the area about adding bar tires to the 3.0 class sence the drive line is the same as theres that way some could cross over they said limit the bar tire to a 31" tall tire if needed

thoughts ??

Sounds good to me since the class is still limited to a production style frame and sheet metal, it would still be some what of a visual difference between the 3.0 and Super Stock/Open Mod class. Instead of having 3 DOT tire classes and one bar tire class, it would be split between 2 DOt Tire classes and 2 Bar tire classes. With the Hp that the 3.0 class is making, a little more traction would be a good thing.

Its been brought up with some of the pro4 guys in the area about adding bar tires to the 3.0 class sence the drive line is the same as theres that way some could cross over they said limit the bar tire to a 31" tall tire if needed

thoughts ??

What is pro4 guys???

I don't think many of the 3.0 pullers would go for 31" bar tires, (6) 35" radials work much better.

He means Prostock 4wd guys. Its a class that KTPA runs that allows bar tires, Naturally aspirated gas or alcohol engines making roughly 1000hp with open driveline, production frame rails and production sheet metal.

He means Prostock 4wd guys. Its a class that KTPA runs that allows bar tires, Naturally aspirated gas or alcohol engines making roughly 1000hp with open driveline, production frame rails and production sheet metal.

I thought that might have been the class he was talking about. Mitchell Coomer has a couple trucks in this class I think.

They don't actually want to run against the 3.0 trucks do they???

around here, missouri, outlaw, mid-mo, and now xcaliber pulling prostock gas 4wd is street dot tires and mod4wd is bar tire

yeah Mitchell and his sons have been pulling wiht us for a long time. I've known them for quite a few years. They have a truck for just about every class in KTPA now and are always a top contender in each class. As for them pulling in 3.0, I don't think they would be up for that lol. Some maybe thing about using thier Pro4wd trucks and converting them to diesel powered rigs with out having to change a ton of stuff, but I could be wrong.

around here, missouri, outlaw, mid-mo, and now xcaliber pulling prostock gas 4wd is street dot tires and mod4wd is bar tire

We have a Prostreet 4wd class just like that with KOTTPA, but the only thing open drive line about them is the rear axle. Still gotta have a regular tranny and t-case and DOT tires.

They don't actually want to run against the 3.0 trucks do they???

As for them pulling in 3.0, I don't think they would be up for that lol. Some maybe thing about using thier Pro4wd trucks and converting them to diesel powered rigs with out having to change a ton of stuff, but I could be wrong.

I think he meant running the gas/alky trucks against the Diesels :poke:

-Michael

thoughts ??

Interesting thought, but I would say let them stay with DOT tires. I don't think the 2.6 class is done with rule changes yet...

Bar tire sounds cool, but at 31"....looks kinda tooty fruity IMO LOL

Be real interesting to see what the bite difference is like.

I myself think it is a bad idea. I have heard from some guys that some brands of dot tires bite harder than some brands of bar tires. Anybody else heard info like that?

Honestly though, if 6 DOT tires bite harder than 4 bar tires, then why doesn't the super stock/ open mod trucks run the DOT tires?

I think Cepeks in the 3.0 class would be really entertaining for the fans since there are alot of 3.0 trucks. just a thought though

Back