3.0 smooth bore (old 2.6)

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
So I'm guessing most pulling associations are going to replace the current 2.6 turbo with a 3.0 smooth bore. The 5-6k$$$$ question will be what is going to be the desired 3.0 smooth bore platform? Or is it too early to tell yet???

I'm guessing it'll still be the HX60 for Cummins at least. Which would be good for a lot of guys. Update the wheel and cover for most folks. I could even see just updating the cover.

I am betting s400 or garrett below 3.6 turbine. I am sure we will start to see options from the turbo builders soon.

I've spoken to a couple and they are all hoping to have something tested by the end of the year

What's really going to suck is what ever comes out when the season starts will be a boat anchor by this time next year it always seems that way every year.

Last edited:
Will just changing the wheel and cover get there?, couple of folks I have spoken to believe it's going to be more than that to be in the hunt lol...

What's really going to suck is what ever comes out when the season starts will be a boat anchor by this time next year it always seems that way every year.

that's why im sticking with my old charger for now

I would be willing to bet something with a much smaller turbine section than current 2.6 chargers will be making all the power...

Back