3.5's on the way........ any guesses ?

mikmaze

Well just finished a twins install on my truck, dyno'd with the flux 2's I have in it now and hit 610 1075. not bad, but hey I got flux 3.5's on the way! in the mean time I will also be upgrading the bd lift pump to the air dog 150. What kind of gains do you think I will see on the dyno with a 75 hp jump on the sticks, and a better fuel supply ?

Might not see much of a gain if the CP3 can't keep up on the rail pressure. If your old lift pump setup was struggling to maintain pressure, then I could see a decent HP gain.

well I'll see what the arson 3 can do with the 3.5's and an air dog, but I got a few pumps bookmarked just in case.

Similar as in how many CP3 pumps? If one, was it stock or modified?

What turbo setup, single or twins?

Pretty much everything in my sig. I've got PPE dual fuelers, both stock

I saw he was running similar programming and twins.

3.3 to 3.5s

I dynoed with a 3.4's and a similar setup and did 789/1387

I think those are optimum for best all around usage,... based on having tried at least six different sizes of tips.

I'm expecting some good numbers real soon too. Those are sweet Andrew!! I've got my fire rings on the Black Beach so I bumped the boost up to 70psi and I can tell a major difference from previous sotp.

Also I went with a new set of Stainless Tips. I don't think guys are giving these the cudos they deserve. They are more than just a stainless upgrade. They appear to be a nice power increase too. The internals changed on those injectors too. I'll be selling my other sticks with 60% tips.

I'll be making a trip over to Mustang Muscle and see where she is sitting very soon.

Pretty much everything in my sig. I've got PPE dual fuelers, both stock

I saw he was running similar programming and twins.

And what you're not recognizing is the huge difference between your setup with two cp3 pumps and his setup with one mildly modified pump.

I'd be surprised if he makes 660-675 HP. Bigger injectors don't make more horsepower when the common rail fuel system cannot keep up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Arson III kit does not increase the internal displacement of the CP3 pump, it just smooths out some of the choke points and internal passages to maximize output of a stock displacement pump.

And what you're not recognizing is the huge difference between your setup with two cp3 pumps and his setup with one mildly modified pump.

I'd be surprised if he makes 660-675 HP. Bigger injectors don't make more horsepower when the common rail fuel system cannot keep up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Arson III kit does not increase the internal displacement of the CP3 pump, it just smooths out some of the choke points and internal passages to maximize output of a stock displacement pump.

I didn't say what he was going to do. I said what I did, not with his exact setup, but with my SIMILAR (twins, programming, injectors, etc.) setup.

yeah I got a much more serious upgraded pump bookmarked if I starve the arson 3'd pump........

think an 85% would do it ?

85% sounds like Industrial Injection terminology. Better send it to an independent test lab to verify it flows 85% of a stock pump. Even II can't screw up a pump bad enough to lose 15% on a CP3.

I don't own a CR so I have no idea who makes good CP3 pumps, I've never shopped for one.

85% sounds like Industrial Injection terminology. Better send it to an independent test lab to verify it flows 85% of a stock pump. Even II can't screw up a pump bad enough to lose 15% on a CP3.

I don't own a CR so I have no idea who makes good CP3 pumps, I've never shopped for one.

Thats 85% over stock not 85% of stock

In the past, when the first 85% pumps came out, a few testers lost HP by switching pumps. I don't know if they got a bad pump or what but there was a joke a few years back about II 85% pumps flowing 15% less than stock rather than 85% over stock.

I'm sure if there was an ongoing quality control problem, or if there ever was a real problem with more than a small handful of pumps, it would be posted everywhere.

So you'll probably do just fine installing that 85% over stock CP3 pump.

well I should have the nozzles back on new bodies next week, sent my nozzles out to be flow matched on the new bodies to eliminate any rough issues, I also just got off the phone with Zach and have a set of his high lift springs on the way, he is in Florida, but made sure the shop took care of me and got the order out today. who knows, might even get this stuff installed before Christmas.

I think the shop said the nozzles flowed 31 litres per minute? anyone else ever flow check flux 3.5's...... not sure what psi this was at but the use a cp3 on the bench to supply the fuel. heck, thinking about it, I am not even sure if that was flow from one injector, or all 6...... questions you forget to ask while sitting in an excavator and th eboss starin at ya like who the heck are you talking to........

mike - wicked diesel is having a sale on there stg 3 cp3 right now
$1250 after core return- smoking deal

my money would go to them-
i did 780hp with a single stg 3 cp3 and 150's

Yeah man I got my eyes on that, will see what the arson 3 can do for now,

Back