.354 and 4th Low

Valair1

Valair Inc. Clutch
what do you think about 4th low on the sled with my current mod's. i'd try 2H but i heard its alot harder on the trans.

i thought about that, but i hear in high range the trans is weaker, anyone wnt to comment on this? or how many of you guys are pulling in 2h?

better try 2nd high first 4th low is a big gear.

I'd definately say its a safe bet to try 2nd hi first and see how that does for you. Then again, you've got two chances when on the line. Go for 4th low and let out if you don't like it, then go 2nd hi.

actualy my buddy owns a sled we are going out to his house to work on the launching, i will try both. i just was wondering what gears with a 5 speed you guy;'s were pulling in. the difference between 4l @ 38 mph and 2 h 34 mph. sounds like alot of speed in either.

4th low is ideal for the drive line living longer. if you have the power and or gears to get the final drive correct. i pulled 2nd high for a long time and never had any trans issues. went to 35s and did 3rd low also. i have 3.54 gears on a tight track you need alot of power to come out in 4th low and keep on the charger.

is 650/1300 enough, i down sized the exhuast housing and put a big external gate on it, it spools really quick.

Yes, with those tires, I don't think you'll have any problems. Just be cautious when you come out and how you come out. Load the truck down some first or you will definately bounce or break. I run 305's with 3.54's and run 2nd hi at EVERY track with my measly 477 hp VP'd truck. Was good enough for the top 20 at Scheid this year and last as well as top 10 at TS '07 & '08. 3rd low does nothing around here for me since I'm limited on RPM's. I plan on switching gears soon, so I can bring my ratios into check, but the big gear got me those results and I think you'll be pleased running 4th and actually pulling on your motor to create speedage instead of spinnage. You can do whatever you think, but as long as the suspension is setup right, there's no doubt in my mind that you can come out in 4th gear at any track you plan on visiting with those tires, your power, and RPM's you have available. Just my $.02.

I will be pulling in fourth low on sat night but I put 5.13 in and a 285 tire cant wait to see how it runs dont know what to expect.

I'd expect a lot of RPM's. That's a fairly low geared setup. Especially for that narrow of a tire.

Yea I would like a set of 33 inch sts on my ten inch rims but we will see what happens and I am shooting for 4k down the track

I pull 3rd low with 3.55's and nearly new 305/70/16 Hankook M/T's. I come out foot on the floor guessing 42-4300RPM? It usually pulls down to around 3000RPM and climbs back up as I go down the track. I swapped out to my tow rigs 265/75/16 AT's a week ago thinking it would help me gain my RPM/wheel speed and help me catch up to everybody else. Wrong. Topped out higher 3,000's in RPM going down the track and my ground speed was down according ot my friends. Since your running such a small tire you may be able to do 4th low, I would try it first as things don't break as badly in low range. Works out great for you that you have a friend with a sled and your not having to guess and try something new at a pull where it counts.

alright thanks for the input, were gonna give it a go in 4 low. i'll let you know how i come out. ive pulled in 3 low several times but after watching the video's i'm spinning my tires most the way down the track.

I think with 245 you should get you there. Are you dualled up in the rear?

You're going to shoot video of this trial and error event, right?

for sure! good or bad i dont care, how else you gonna know but try it, i was just seeing how many others tried it.LOL

if you want your truck put to the test i can help you out.I'll drive it like i do mine, hey kipo you want me to break in that new engine LOL

Back