3rd Annual Redneck Nationals Results

DavidTD

DPM
What a great weekend. While we would have liked to have more in attendance, we still had about 500 or so spectators, mostly from the local area, and about 40 racers. Aside from the diesel action, we also had the Worlds Quickest Jr. Dragracer making exhibition passes to the tune of 6.70's. And he was looking for 6.50's :evil

One of our sponsors was also having a great time. Jimi from Optima Batteries not only entered the ET bracket class, but also had a grudge race against Matt Wells. The grudge race features the road race Optima Corvette with slicks on four corners, against Matt Wells' Dodge 2500 with the slicks removed. Jimi told me he did everything he could, but couldn't catch that Dodge. :hehe:

Darren Morrison came out with his Pro Stock Diesel truck and wowed the crowd with a best of the day 5.40 pass. Considering this was his first time out, and this was NO NITROUS, I believe the man has put together a great ride.

Now on to the results...

Redneck Nationals Results

AirWerks Unlimited Street

Winner - Philip Palmer – 6.19 @ 117.52 MPH
Runner-Up – Russel Hilton – 7.76 @ 88.90 MPH
Semis – Jeff Garmon – 6.92 @ 102.51 MPH
- Buck Spruill – Timed out

Quick Diesel

Winner – Matt Wells – 7.60 @ 93.77
RU – Jess Spruill – 8.33 @ 85.69
Semi – Phil Baker – 8.82 @ 79.34
- Steve Long – 8.29 @ 86.72

ET Bracket

Winner - Brandon Gay – 11.88 @ 55.70 MPH
RU - Scott Bishop – 10.75 @ 64.30 MPH
Semis - Robert Shaw – 8.44 @ 82.55 MPH
- Matt Bergantino – 8.75 @ 80.94

Thanks to everyone that came out. It was great seeing everyone after a short off season.

I dread the blackmail pictures that are sure to make it up on the web too.:hehe:

I dread the blackmail pictures that are sure to make it up on the web too.:hehe:

David, you definitely need to post a link to any blackmail photos!

Sounds like a great time, wish I could have been there!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I didn't see it from your side Dave but, I think you and the NADM crew did a great job on the event. The day went smoothly, the sponsors were cool and even part of the fun. Thanks !

I had a blast as did my family. looking forward to the next one :rockwoot:

I think I was had in the brackets by a sandbagger. I'm a learnin' :what:

The Vette Vs. Matt wells was great also.

On a Side note the best burn out was done by Jess Spruil in my truck at the Hotel, Unannounced to me. I think he went 300'+ smoke boiling and Timbeaux in the passenger seat. Me watching counting the amount of money lost in Rubber.LOL

The Whole NADM crew done a great Job! :thankyou2:

the longest burnout in the parking lot and around the curve award went to wideopens truck

What a great time. I Really enjoyed the First Ever- Redneck Nationals Gasser-Trash versus Diesel Traction-limited Pedal-fest run for the Gold Race For the Cure Happy Fun Race...... Congrats to Both Jimi and Matt LOL

Also, Congrats to Phil Taylor and The Jeff for such a great showing in the first ever AirWerks Unlimited Street Braking System Challenge. Watching The Jeff click off 9 second passes at a blistering 25 MPH was awesome.

I also don't Want to thank Buck, Jess and Steve for the damage to my liver. LOL

I didn't see it from your side Dave but, I think you and the NADM crew did a great job on the event. The day went smoothly, the sponsors were cool and even part of the fun. Thanks !

I had a blast as did my family. looking forward to the next one :rockwoot:

I think I was had in the brackets by a sandbagger. I'm a learnin' :what:

We thank you for the compliments. Your truck looked a cool as ever, and your times still amaze me. That is a big ol truck nearly bustin a 7 with no spray and a single turbo. Jeez that's impressive!!! :rockwoot:

What a great time. I Really enjoyed the First Ever- Redneck Nationals Gasser-Trash versus Diesel Traction-limited Pedal-fest run for the Gold Race For the Cure Happy Fun Race...... Congrats to Both Jimi and Matt LOL

Also, Congrats to Phil Taylor and The Jeff for such a great showing in the first ever AirWerks Unlimited Street Braking System Challenge. Watching The Jeff click off 9 second passes at a blistering 25 MPH was awesome.

I also don't Want to thank Buck, Jess and Steve for the damage to my liver. LOL

I'm just glad the camera was still in Steve's car while we invaded Longhorns. Those poor waitress'. The Buck, Jess and Steve team were seeing just how many shots and godawful drinks they could send to our table and of course there was more than one that couldn't turn down a challenge. Unfortunately for me, my wife was one of them? :hehe::hehe:

And yes, Jess mastered the burnout (was quite impressed with the amount of Phils rubber was down the next day :hehe:) as he nicely rounded the curve smoke bellowing from Phils truck. All While Timbeaux is trying to focus on the road ahead which at this time of day would have been hard to do standing still. LOL

We thank you for the compliments. Your truck looked a cool as ever, and your times still amaze me. That is a big ol truck nearly bustin a 7 with no spray and a single turbo. Jeez that's impressive!!! :rockwoot:

Thanks man. It's a young truck but, it's tryin'

Shoot Dave, Jess Told me if the light had been green that he would have burned them through the intersection LOL

Shoot Dave, Jess Told me if the light had been green that he would have burned them through the intersection LOL

For some reason I believe that. I would also like to thanks Buck, Jess, and Steve for the damage they done to my liver and head. The next morning was not my friend!

Wish I could have made it...I really hate reading about everything.

If you were sick, I'm glad you didn't LOL We had a great time but we missed you Richard.

What a freekin good time! It was good to see everyone, and meet some new comp d members. Great show by all the racers. I cant believe how many great passes, and close races I saw this weekend.

In difference to previous posts, I submit the following:
I dont want to hear about all of yew and the "Oh, I was hurting the next morning." junk.

Steve , Buck, Jess, you all are the devil. Your generosity will haunt what little brain cells i have left for eternity. My head is done hating you. My liver, however, still does not know its own name. The rest of me has still not fully recovered as I have now acquired a gap gated limp.

Timbeaux, you are grouped with them for the pleasure you took in spectating my predicament, but are only redeemed as you found me in the parking lot and returned me to my room. For this I give you thanks.

Phil, thanks for financing the post race burnout show. Your truck rocks.

Ron gets a shout out here, too. His courier services this weekend were greatly appreciated.

If you weren't there, ya'll missed a good one.

Last edited:
It was a great event. Wonderful announcing

You should have stayed for the Dirt track racing, not that we stayed by choice we were still waiting on our buddy to get there with the trailer oops.

Back