3rd Annual World Finals 2012

yeah pits separate from staging lanes suck! Other than that cool track, I had to fight the urge to not want to take my truck around the road course! LOL I'd say Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri or Arkansas, not necessarily because they happen to be close to me, but they are about as centrally located as can be. I'd say Ennis, Topeka, Baytown, Tulsa, or I'm sure there are some good tracks in Missouri, though i'm not familiar with them.

I have to admit the track prep and crew at Ennis was pretty darn good and sure would work to my advantage. That being said it shure would put a hurt on our Canadian brothers but I guess if they are willing to make Kansas its really not that much more in the big scheme of things. I would sure feel for them though.

Was there actually a decent east coast turn out for racers this year?

Do a chart of where all the Competitiors came from this year. And then I say have the event closer to where majority of the competitors came. Oh if the canadians traveled three days to an event why not four to texas.

At least the canadians aren't affraid to travel out of there back yard, maybe if some of you key baord racers actually traveled a bit, the sport would grow more

I say have worlds in Edmonton. At least you'd have over a 100 trucks cause we know how to support diesel motorsports up here

I vote for baytown LOL

Not going to lie that sounds great for my own selfish reasons but would really suck for all the Canadian guys who do show and show very well I might add.

I can't say I would be very fond of the Vegas idea though...

But Las Vegas is a cool place to visit/vacation.....

I think you'd get a lot more spectators willing to travel to Vegas, I do admit it would be detrimental to east coast racers, unless the added spectators could increase the purses enough to where 3rd place finishers collect enough money to cover travel expenses.

Wanting this race in Vegas has nothing to do with it being 5 minutes from my home and the advantage I would have tuning my truck to run 11.90 all year long....

I do think the actual race facility at LVMS is excellent and the crew is exceptional.

If you wanted to make the World Finals a dual purpose business trip for many of shop sponsored vehicles, holding a race here the week before SEMA would be perfect.

Do a chart of where all the Competitiors came from this year. And then I say have the event closer to where majority of the competitors came. Oh if the canadians traveled three days to an event why not four to texas.

At least the canadians aren't affraid to travel out of there back yard, maybe if some of you key baord racers actually traveled a bit, the sport would grow more

I say have worlds in Edmonton. At least you'd have over a 100 trucks cause we know how to support diesel motorsports up here

I agree with every word of that. Every. Single. Word.

I agree with it completely and I would make every event however I work waaaay to much and asking for time off is a joke.

and for a side note baytown is at sea level :poke:

Where were you? Lol. And I didn't count trucks but there was quite a few. I'd say there was almost as many east coasters as canadiens.

we got there at 8:30 and it started raining at 6. My wife wasnt feeling good. So i took her back to the hotel.

At least I was there *****

lol i had to leave too. I've been having bad circulation issues due to my high blood pressure. i left my meds in texas on accident. couldnt hardly feel my hands and feet at the race.

At least the canadians aren't afraid to travel out of there back yard, maybe if some of you key baord racers actually traveled a bit, the sport would grow more

:clap: .Everything I wanted to say. Please don't assume because people drive 3 days thats its no big deal to drive another.

There was a great turn out from all over the country this time. I don't feell that any one section or division out weighed the other. I'd like to see a vote from all this years competitors on where they would see it take place.

The Topeka track prep is terrible with 12 seconds trucks not able to stick, let alone the altered/rails/pro street trucks. Someone will get hurt IMHO.

More central the better IMHO. But that's just me. Amarillo, Tulsa, Dallas? Has anyone over been to the track in great bend kansas? Any good? I know there isn't as many hotels to choose from

We traveled to the Ennis event a couple years ago and we really enjoyed our selves. The Texas'ns sure showed us a great time. Sorry for the bad spelling

Back