3rd gen anyone?

mudder500

Jlibert gave me the idea to p-pump my 04 since im doing a build on it. I see shield has a kit for 2100 without a pump. SO what else would i be looking at expense wise? I dont know much bout this subject so any help would be appricated! Shooting for 900 on fuel also for project

That 2100 kit from scheids is for a 24v. The CR kit is around 5k without a pump from power house diesel. P pumping a CR isnt worth the expense IMO, just use a 24v and save money and make the same power.

Take a look in the P-pump 24-valve section. There is a lot of info in there.

Thanks thats what i was thinking myself! Guess its back to my other ideas

if it wasn't for bs smog regs here in ca, mine would be p-pumped.

Here is what it would take to do the swap. You can fit a 12v timing case to the cr block with some work, you will also need to mod the oil pan. You will also have to get a 12v or 24v oil pump,cam gear, and crank gear and p pump drive gear. You can get lines from sheid. You will have to get 24v injectors and holds downs and bolts. The worse part of the job will be getting the case to fit.I would go with a 215 pump witk 4ks and 191s or 024s. If youre going for a comp only truck use a 6 hole sac injector if not some 7hole vcos should work. Are you gonna use twins or a single?

WOW! Didn't know it was that much to it. I'm still haven't decided on turbo choice yet.

I've thought bout that Forest

Here is what it would take to do the swap. You can fit a 12v timing case to the cr block with some work, you will also need to mod the oil pan. You will also have to get a 12v or 24v oil pump,cam gear, and crank gear and p pump drive gear. You can get lines from sheid. You will have to get 24v injectors and holds downs and bolts. The worse part of the job will be getting the case to fit.I would go with a 215 pump witk 4ks and 191s or 024s. If youre going for a comp only truck use a 6 hole sac injector if not some 7hole vcos should work. Are you gonna use twins or a single?

You better pay attention to the gear lash between the cam and the pump if you modify the the factory 12V cover.

You don't actually need to modify the pan, it is easier to modify the cover to work with the pan.

Back