3rd gen RATTLE issue has been determined

Jason, my gets worse as the truck warms up. I don't ever hear it at idle and it's not as loud when the trucks cold. Only when rolling into the throttle does it start then only is there till rpm's/boost is built.

Your rattle doesn't sound the same as the rattle in question but, your description sounds the same.

Boost generally means more fuel, duration right? Try to cruising and just over fuel it and listen.. enough fuel that boost will take forever to catch. Does the rattle go away?

Mine does. It's smokey, but rattle goes away.

It's not a boost thing, but making boost is a direct result of throttle, so were on the same page, but lets not say boost is solving it on it's own, it's just a result for more duration. Are we on that specific boost page? Or do you have some theory that boost is directly affecting how the injector is firing/acting

Boost generally means more fuel, duration right? Try to cruising and just over fuel it and listen.. enough fuel that boost will take forever to catch. Does the rattle go away?

It's not a boost thing, but making boost is a direct result of throttle, so were on the same page, but lets not say boost is solving it on it's own, it's just a result for more duration. Are we on that specific boost page? Or do you have some theory that boost is directly affecting how the injector is firing/acting

Never really thought about it like this but yes you may be right...Boost is a result of more fuel being added....

If I remember correctly, If I just flood the cylinder with fuel before boost catches up, I think it does go away...

We are all having the some issue....Mine's worse now with the other tips that I got during the interum. Stock style tips / not flux style.. These were just to get me buy... But they are also causing a major cold start / white smoke and very rough running situation... Smutters for the first 4-5 mins. until the truck heats up.. Which freakin take forever since my POS bypass is stuck open again...

Waiting on some different injectors as we speak...

I'm not saying boost affects it at all... only that once boost is built, it goes away. My theory on this is, once boost/rpm's are up, yes you're fueling more which means the pilot isn't playing as much a part and the rattle dissipates.

I'm a true believer in the pilot being the cause whether it be the injectors design or too much or lack of psi during that event.

I'm sure Bosch isn't years behind F1 like was pointed out a ways back. The fact Bosch knows of this and is looking for a cure tells me we probably can't do much about it until a design is figure out to eliminate it. Common rails are pretty new and sometimes it takes time to catch up with issues.

Ive noticed my dads 05 doing a little rattle when I was towing my truck on a 22ft goose neck just this last week. Just getting on it light you could hear it for a couple seconds. and if I laid into it more it would go away. Barely noticeable.

Thought i'd share this.

Any more news on this??

Any companies out there working on getting RID of the rattle?

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueler??

I wonder if the rattle is still there on Triton's truck since he switched to a different injector?

Yes it is.. He was at Garmons shop day and confirmed its the same..

My Flux 2's make my truck crackle as well... Put my honed stock nozzles in, rattle is barely there.

Back