3rd injection event.

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Okay.. I'm a moron when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I know aof a few 06 owners who dislike the 3rd injection event. What I want to know is, were the previous 2 as long in total as the current 3 (pulse width) or are the 3 now longer in total? If so, are EGT's and smoke up over previous years?

Bob Wagner posted on nwbombers that they removed the 3rd event while testing the SmartyCR and lost power... can't find the thread right now, but it was when Marco was over here testing in the recent months.

bnraodn.

That is what I thought, but it seems to take the blame for the crummy fuel mileage on the 06 trucks.

I wonder if removing it goofed with the computer programming (cycles) more than anything? Seems to me that fuel Injected "after" the compression cycle would be a waste of fuel. So, how would it "help" fuel mileage? IMHO, I think it is only there to reduce NOx emmissions, flooding the exhaust with raw or unburned fuel. ....then again, it's just a thought. :confused:

I talked with a brand new 3rd gen owner today who is getting 15.3 MPG with a truck that came home Saturday. 06 4x4 Megacab 3500 Dually. He turns about 23-2400 RPM at 70... What RPM Do you turn Rich?

He must have 4:10's, I turn 1950 or so @ 70. I think it's in the programming? Dang O'le country boys always get'n that fancy stuff. LOL

.......I wonder if he is going by the overhead or do'n the calculations himself?

Last edited:
Back