4 LO wont spool!

SDDMAX

My 02 duramax will not spool at all on the line. For some reason if i even touch the brakes a little bit or try and mash on them to build boost it will rev to 2500 rpm and sit there almost like its defueling. after about a hundred feet turbo will light and away it goes?! Now if i dont touch the brakes at all it will light right up and fuel like crazy. Is there some sensor on these older ones that is holding me back when i try and use the brakes? A friend has an 03 and he can use the brakes to spool all day and it works fine. It was no big deal with my stock turbo but now im runnin an a5k so i kinda need to be able to spool it. Any info is helpful. thanks.

what are you running for tuning and injectors? Do you try and bringh the boost up slow and do you just mash the pedal? Sound like your flooding the motor and never getting on top off it.

what are you running for tuning and injectors? Do you try and bringh the boost up slow and do you just mash the pedal? Sound like your flooding the motor and never getting on top off it.

PPE hot+2 that is gettin sold soon with stock injectors. The thing is it did it with all the tuners i have ran along with the stock turbo and the stock tranny. now the engine and trans have been upgraded but it still will not spool if i touch the breaks. No smoke out the stack, no power no speed. :banghead:

yeah there is torque managment on dmaxs. i bet you didnt modify those tables.

Didnt there used to be a low range issue with some trucks where you had to un plug something to make it think it was not in low range, i remember something about that back when. since efi though it can be tuned out!

yeah there is torque managment on dmaxs. i bet you didnt modify those tables.

I dont have efi yet but coming soon. I figured efi would have a fix, just wondering why it did it with a small tuner and stock turbo as well not runnin that much power over stock.

Didnt there used to be a low range issue with some trucks where you had to un plug something to make it think it was not in low range, i remember something about that back when. since efi though it can be tuned out!

Thats kinda what i was thinkin too but was never quite sure about it. I guess when my efi shows up ill get it figured out but it has been a pain in the a$$ for me in the time being

My truck did the same thing when I ran the ATS epower. EFI will clear that up for you!

i remember talking to someone about that theres a senser that will defuel in low range but that was a zf6 truck not a auto

Back