414 engine in 656

treml05

I have 656 that I blew the motor out it two years ago since then have found a 414 out of 1066 engine runs good was in hot farm tractor, what do I need to put it into my 656, will a 666 TA housing work because big engine in smaller frame is sweet. Lots of power and tire.
Thanks Pete

I have 656 that I blew the motor out it two years ago since then have found a 414 out of 1066 engine runs good was in hot farm tractor, what do I need to put it into my 656, will a 666 TA housing work because big engine in smaller frame is sweet. Lots of power and tire.
Thanks Pete

You can use the 656 T/A housing, the bellhousing and the T/A housing is the same between them IIRC (the difference is in the frame rails). You will, however, need a custom backing plate for the block on the 414 as well as a custom flywheel/clutch set up. The 400 series flywheel is too big to fit in the small frame bell housing and the single 10" clutch the small frame tractors use will NOT hold up to even a stock 414.

thats what I have heard, that why I would like to get a bigger bellhouse to hold a bigger flywheel and clutch, I would never use the little clutch with that engine I think I would have parts all over the track.

thats what I have heard, that why I would like to get a bigger bellhouse to hold a bigger flywheel and clutch, I would never use the little clutch with that engine I think I would have parts all over the track.

666 is still the small frame and uses the 10" clutch... There's pleanty of tractors running around here that use the small frame chassis making pleanty of power. Be it a 300 series (312/360) that's been taken out to 400 cubes running on alky or a 2.6 charger diesel, or a hot 400 series (414/436/466) stuffed in the frame rails. They all simply use a good SFI flywheel, T/A eliminator, and at the very least a double disc clutch.

EDIT: the big thing is DO NOT weight it up to pull in any class over 7,000# The rear end will not hold up to it! Try to stick around the 6500# mark if you can :Cheer:

Back