4500 RPM on a stock bottom and top end

Diesel Freak

what needs to be done?

I already have F-1 Sportsman springs and EE Valve Bridges on the top end. The bottom end has been ballanced and also has a fluidamper.

First, Im guessing you have a P-Pump?

Id say your fine, just make sure you have the crank drill for the pin on the damper or it will wipe out your engine.

So you run 4.6 ford springs?

LOL, I realize you are just trying to get a rise out of Donny, but...I have actually held a ford 4.6 valve spring in my hand....(a local shop in Vancouver specializes in Fords)

The 4.6 and the Sportsman springs are not the same.

Do you have something constrictive to contribute????? I do not want this thread turning into another pissing match!!!!

for 4500rpm I believe cam bearings are recomended.

so not getting into if F1 springs are 4.6 springs, but will throwing on a set of 4.6 springs on a 24v work? Because I have heard that GM ls1 based and also Honda B series will work.

Last edited:
Are you getting a Redline or P-pumping it Cliff?

Ask Ethan about his motor, I think Fletcher just ballanced the rotatin assembly, put some good valve springs on, and took care of the cooling system. He is good to 5000+ rpm.

well, since the truck is payed for, might as well have some more fun and buy a geo metro to commute with....regardless what I do, it's gonna be expensive!!!!

As we know, the only way to get over 3500 on a VP is with a Redline, but that is just not reliable and Bob will never have a 4000 RPM VP44Smarty

Last edited by a moderator:
some redneck ingenuity...and a trip to Home Depot.

I have oversized freeze plugs WITH locktite...so it "should" be a non issue..I hope

some redneck ingenuity...and a trip to Home Depot.

I have oversized freeze plugs WITH locktite...so it "should" be a non issue..I hope

Yup, or you can clip the water pump, or there is some freeze plugs out there to solve the pressure issue with high RPM's.

Pure diesel power has them.

As we know, the only way to get over 3500 on a VP is with a Redline, but that is just not reliable and Bob will never have a 4000 RPM VP44Smarty

:umno: Ever heard of Quadzilla Adrenaline ? Plenty of people can attest to this. Guys are running 4200 plus with it.

Nobody has shown the ADR htting 4k on a dyno. The redline had hit 4k on a dyno just not much power up there.

Back