47re-47rh??

justacummins

Certified Ford Diesel Tec
Hey Guy,
Quick question ive got my 02 24v with obviously the 47re but my question is will the 47rh work as well? What are the differences?
Thanks in advance. Jared

Work as well how, what don't you like about your RE?

sorry let me rephrase, well long story short i fried me RE again lol but I cant afford to get it rebuilt again right now and i found an RH all stock for dirt cheap and I was wondering if that could be put in place of my RE for the time being and operate as normal

You could make it operate but the Ecm will be confused.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It'll work to get you by but isn't any stronger than RE, not sure how truck will react with out being able to talk to the valve body as i'm not familiar with 2nd gen trucks.

IMO save your pennies and do it right, the overhaul kit for the 47re is around $500 and if you're careful with a wrench and can read instructions you can DIY

I have one....

I have a 2002 with a 47RH. Uses a Suncoast controller for O.D. and lock-up.

i swapped my nv5600 for a 47rh in my 2002 dodge. i just ran two toggle switch's for o/d and lock up. it was a direct bolt in for my truck. kept the same drive shafts and all. just had to switch the yoke for the rear drive shaft. a buddy of mine tryed to put a 47re in his 94 and it would not line up with the crossmember. you would have to move it, drive shafts would have to be shortend or leanthend and just wire up two toggles for o/d and lock up.

hope this helps you out.

Th rh will work it is just manual instead of electronic you to switch a few things around and rh are a little cheaper in my experiance

Back