47re advice about overdrive

ridejad

I've been chasing od/tcc issues, first off I have toggles for both wired up but neither work. I do have 1-3 shifts without manually selecting the gears,so I do not believe I am in limp mode. I did do blink codes a few days ago and came back with trans temp sensor so then today I hooked up a snap on modus and this is my results. Tcc and od solenoids cycled fine, apps voltage is good, the trans temp sensor was giving out 127 degrees which seems ok to me, and gov psi was good. I have the a resistor to trick the ecu but cannot figure out the correct way to wire it because i cannot find my trans temp sensor this is my first re, I thought it would be on the trans line like a a518. I do have an extra transducer and solenoids that I'll through in tomorrow anyhow while I adjust the band's and adjust tv cable. My question is what should I do if I don't get any positive results tomorrow, I have a od spring compressor so worst case if it's blown ill rebuild it but I feel like it isn't a mechanical issue because I lost Tcc in 3rd. Should I hook up a gauge or am I overlooking something? I also have a pot mod supplies being shipped here so that'll eliminate the apps from the mix

check for power at the trans relay in the PDC first. that supplies battery pos to the center lug on the 3 pin connector right between the solenoids. the ecu grounds them to apply.

next connect a test light to 12vdc in the cab, place bulb where you can safely watch it while driving and then tap into the wires for tcc and OD downstream of the solenoids, individually. you want to feed power into the ecu pins behind the air cleaner to see if the ecu is commanding lockup and OD. if its working right the test light will come on indicating the ECU works. i know lockup is orange and black at B11 on mine, not sure which wire for OD offhand.

step 3 is pull the pan and see if you can get the solenoids to click by completing the circuit manually. i recommend tapping in at the trans relay pin and adding a tap right at the ecu. this way you can also prove out the connectors at the trans harness.

Back