47re lock up switch

justacummins

Certified Ford Diesel Tec
I did a search but couldnt find anything that really helped me, I have a 47re that I'm wanting to install a lock up switch does anyone have any detailed pictures and advise when it does to doing this. Thanks

I belive its the orange wire with black stripes on the middle plug of your pcm on the firewall on the passenger side. Just run a ground wire to a switch and then from the switch to the wire and it should lock up whenever it is switchd.

I had some pics somewhere ill try to find them. Heres a lil better write up.

The install is really easy. The ground wire from your TC lockup switch (wherever you decide to put your switch) needs to run through your firewall hole. Use a wire coat hanger straightened out, then bend one end (w/ pliers) into a small, narrow hoop and bend your wire end through it, then tape around both so they won't pull apart when you pull the hanger through the firewall from the engine compartment. Pull through a good 7 feet of wire so it's enough to go across the truck.

Note: The firewall hole is under your dash, if you shine a light at the firewall above your brake pedal, you'll see it.

Feed the wire across your engine compartment, following the harnesses that are already there. Try to tuck the wire behind all of that safely. Then take off your air filter so you can get to the ECM plugs that are behind it. The middle ECM plug (there are 3) has two orange (w/ black stripe) wires coming out of it. 1 of them is for TC solenoid lockup and the other is somehow connected to the "Wait to Start" light. That one got me first. So I tapped into the other instead and it worked.

You use a "Vampire" (or Tap) Clip, plug whatever. Don't cut the solenoid (B11) wire. Just tap into it with one of those clips that pinches in and allows another wire to plug in.

The other wire from your TC switch should go to the ground screw under your dash, by your parking brake release. You unscrew the 3 screws under your dash to drop your dash bottom. It'll pop out with two clips. Pull straight out. You'll see the ground screw in the lower left corner of where the dash cover was. If you already know this, sorry. I'm still putting it in just in case.

I have an LED wired up to my switch so it lights up when my switch is on. That's in the thread linked to above too.

Ward.Racing, I followed those dirction and for some reason I got nothing any ideas?

no it didnt say anything about using a resistor. What size should i use?

did u include a ressistor on the ground before the switch
Hell i dont think i have a resistor, the guys that built my trans put the lock up switch on. I was there when they did it and never saw a resistor or heard about one.

on mine i spliced the orange wire with a black tracer, ran that to a switch, and commint outta the switch ran a 33watt 1/2ohm resistor and the grounded it to a good ground. I used a bolt on my seat.

I have a jumper in my trans relay and spliced into the orange wire with black stripe and still nothing, Cant I get some pictures to make sure everything is hooked up correct? .... Thanks guys

Subscribed. I wanna know what ends up being the problem on your truck justacummins. I uninstalled one on a friends 01 cause it would lock up in first when it wanted to. Come to a stop in hear and motor would die, it was pretty fun to drive though.

Back