47re manual od switch?

gododge99

Truck In Shambles
Found a thread on here from a while back about doing a manual switch to engage od. Truck is a 99 p pump 24v. After doing the swap I lost od. I'm using a 12v tps and it still will not go in. Anyway I ran a switched ground to the b21 pin on the tcm. I went and tested it and it went into od for a split second then kicked out and limped the trans. Is there any other wire I need to run? To keep it from limping the trans?

I don't know about running them thrue the ecm but if you supply a ground to the OD wire at the three wire plug on the trans it will bypass all and engage. Lockup works correct?

If you get a Krazy Karl's APPS kit you can put the APPS back on the P-pump and all will be as it was.

If the pin you speak of is commanding the PCM and not the tranny directly, it is a momentary ground, not a constant ground. I'm not certain but I imagine putting a constant ground to it could cause the issues you describe. The PCM "thinks" something's wrong.

Last edited:
Got it figured out, cut the brown wire at pcm gave 12v to the pcm side of the plug and switched ground to the trans side. Works like a dream

Back