47re Won't go Into Gear

I tried the shifter underneath already but I may have fried it because it wasn't quite in gear. I also may have fried the converter because a couple times before I had the controller figured out it locked up in overdrive at like 5-10 mph and started slipping. Don't know how fast that would wreck a converter though. So what's a good floor shifter?

I tried the shifter underneath already but I may have fried it because it wasn't quite in gear. I also may have fried the converter because a couple times before I had the controller figured out it locked up in overdrive at like 5-10 mph and started slipping. Don't know how fast that would wreck a converter though. So what's a good floor shifter?

Without a shifter hooked up the rooster comb shouldn't allow a partial engagement. The detent some click into each gear.

My transmission builder took the pan off the old tranny when I picked up the rebuilt one. He knew right away it was clutch material from the converter.

It does but I'm wondering if I broke something else from driving it without it being properly engaged

How do you know that it was the converter slipping and not the trans, it seems more likely that the trans would slip at low throttle valve pressure than the positive engagement of the electronic converter clutch.

I had the controller sending the wrong signals to things so there was lots of line pressure. I don't know that it was the converter, I just assumed it was. Never thought that it might be the trans

Back