47rh Controller

Austin_Huff20

Currently in the process of a '82 Chevy C10, 12 valve swap and need to figure out how I want to control my tranny. I know most people are using toggles, hobbs switches, etc. to control lockup and overdrive. Does anyone have any experience with the compushift controller? I like the simplicity of it along with the price tag.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 0
Have you looked at the FirePunk AntEater? I have no first hand experience with the model you referenced, but I've heard great reviews on the AntEater.

Anteater doesn't officially support the RH

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Anteater doesn't officially support the RH

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Apparently I was talking out of my ARSE :hehe:

Thanks for the clarification Kyle, I thought it supported 47RH/RE and 48RE. :what:

I know a guy in Arizona that has one on his 72 chevy swap. He loves it. I have one in my 72 but I need to send it in to get it reprogrammed. For some reason mine was showing too many revolutions per mile while creeping and or slowing down. It would lock the converter below 15mph or less and kill the truck most times. I took it off and forgot about it. I have just been driving it with toggles. Someday I'll get around to sending it back to them. I will say their customer service is top notch. I wouldn't be afraid to get another. I plan to for some other swaps I have done.

Apparently I was talking out of my ARSE :hehe:

Thanks for the clarification Kyle, I thought it supported 47RH/RE and 48RE. :what:

I wonder if they stopped this? I spoke to Brandon a while back about getting one for a RH and he said it would work but they prefer you have one of their valve bodies or set your VB up per their parameters.

I know a guy in Arizona that has one on his 72 chevy swap. He loves it. I have one in my 72 but I need to send it in to get it reprogrammed. For some reason mine was showing too many revolutions per mile while creeping and or slowing down. It would lock the converter below 15mph or less and kill the truck most times. I took it off and forgot about it. I have just been driving it with toggles. Someday I'll get around to sending it back to them. I will say their customer service is top notch. I wouldn't be afraid to get another. I plan to for some other swaps I have done.
I was looking online at their website and was wondering how it incorporates the throttle position sensor into a vehicle like mine or your where we are no longer using the ecu to read these features.. how did yours hookup? I'm assuming you swapped a 12 valve into a '72 Chevy as mentioned in your signature?

I have a P-pumped 24v in it. I have a TPS and a dodge throttle bracket on my injection pump. I told compushift what TPS I had, and they made the harness with the proper connector to plug into the dodge TPS. I used the VSS they provided and put it in the speedo drive on the NP205. You would put yours on the speedo drive in the tail shaft of the OD housing.

Back