47rh dipstick tube options

superdutyfarmer

I'm trying to get some solid info on what works, running a 47rh in my 4bt ranger and low and behold the dipstick don't work. I bent it and made it work previously but now with the compound setup I'm in need of other options. I've heard stay away from the flexible options but I'm kinda headed that way. Do other models fit? If I found another one I could bend it to fit new setup but need one to start with. Any help appreciated

I just cut mine up in a bunch of pieces, twisted it to fit, and made a dipstick out of steel cable the same length as the original.

Lokar flexible dipstick for a 727 from summit or jegs. not the cheapest but will work. O and make sure it is a firewall mount dipstick

I'm looking at one of the lokars, I found a locking/firewall setup for $100, kaoskustoms how do you get away with no dipstick?

Be sure and set the actual level for the fluid. With the flexible dip sticks. Lokars and such.
I have seen on more than one occasion that the level is not actually full at the "full" mark.

I've been warned about that when I get one I'm gonna make sure the levels are the same as the stock one

I'm looking at one of the lokars, I found a locking/firewall setup for $100, kaoskustoms how do you get away with no dipstick?

I fill it from underneath until the level is almost spilling out the dipstick port in the case and then put a plug in. What do you need to check it for if it's not leaking? If you have a flare shift or something weird at the track then the pan will come off and the oil gets changed or refilled anyways. I've ran no dipstick for 2 seasons with no issues.

I fill it from underneath until the level is almost spilling out the dipstick port in the case and then put a plug in. What do you need to check it for if it's not leaking? If you have a flare shift or something weird at the track then the pan will come off and the oil gets changed or refilled anyways. I've ran no dipstick for 2 seasons with no issues.

I would imagine you check it a couple times after intial fill and shifting it a couple times right? Also, are you running an external trans cooler?

Theres actually quite a few cars that don't have trans dipsticks from factory. A PITA, but it can be done.

Back