47rh info needed !!

oilburnerr

i not too long ago bought a 94 twelve valve when i got it it would'nt go into overdrive. i replaced the od/lockup switch, speed sensor and put a resistor in line with the tranny temp sensor. the spring in the governor body was broken so i replaced it too. after i did all that the overdrive and lockup started working but it will only engage if you barely ease on the pedal. 1 to 2 and 2 to3 you can have the pedal on the floor and it will shift hard and fast but when it hits 50 you have to let off to less than half throttle or it wont engage. why is this and how do i fix it?

im also thinking of a trans go shift kit, turning my line pressure screw up and a billet 2nd gear band lever how hard will it be to put in the kit and lever? is there anything else that anyone recomends with the increased pressure ? any help is greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!

The shift kit isn't too bad, just a couple hour job for a first timer plus a couple hours for removal and reinstallation.

As for the lever, strut, and anchor, they are a good upgrade with increased line pressure, the strut is a "must" with anything over say 100 psi. The lever cannot be changed unless the whole tranny is pulled and pump removed.

is the lever strutt and anchor hard to put in ? i was hoping you would post on here big blue you seem to know quite a lot about these trannys i learned about the pressure screw from a post you put on here. would the trans go stage 2 tow and go kit be harder than the stage one? or could i install it? im pretty mechanicly inclined and have plenty of tools but i dont want to tear it up haha

i didnt mean to put lever up there ^ as i have no plans of completely removing the transmission unless i plan on getting it completely rebuilt.

Back