47RH O/D switch.

ride42

980MW
I'm sure it can be done...just wondering how. Anyone done it before?

What do you want to do? Add a switch just like people add a lockup switch?

If so, just tap the OD solenoid wire, hook it up to a switch and run the other side of the switch to ground. I added one to my truck several years ago when I was trying to diagnose a tranny problem.

What do you want to do? Add a switch just like people add a lockup switch?

If so, just tap the OD solenoid wire, hook it up to a switch and run the other side of the switch to ground. I added one to my truck several years ago when I was trying to diagnose a tranny problem.

What if we cut the wire and ran it into a three position switch so that it could be locked out, normal, and manually commanded on?

What if we cut the wire and ran it into a three position switch so that it could be locked out, normal, and manually commanded on?

I'm sure you could, although I don't know if any codes would be set by having no connection from the PCM to the OD solenoid. You could always add a resistor to the circuit to make the PCM is still hooked up to the solenoid if that is the case...

I talked to Dave Goerend last week about my trans and how to control it (47rh), this is the way he recommended.
3 position switch.
middle position, no lockup no O.D.
up position, Lockup no O.D.
down position, lockup and O.D.

One switch to do all.

How to wire, not sure. I'm not that far along in the swap.

I talked to Dave Goerend last week about my trans and how to control it (47rh), this is the way he recommended.
3 position switch.
middle position, no lockup no O.D.
up position, Lockup no O.D.
down position, lockup and O.D.

One switch to do all.

How to wire, not sure. I'm not that far along in the swap.

The main reason I am doing it is for the track. I did some "testing" the other night and found that that if I run it with O/D off up till about 70mph or 3kRPM then press the button so it's on, I had far better acceleration in the top end. As it stands right now on the track I don't hit O/D till about the 1000' mark.

Back