47rh rebuild help

95taylor331

Gear Jammer
So I recently came across a 47rh and ended up buying it, I currently have a 5 speed but am going to be doing the swap as soon as I get the 47 built, My question is what would be good parts/brands to use, Im right at the 650hp mark right now and plan on going to about 850-900 and to have a trans that will hold it reliably, I know the basics of upgrading the shafts but after that im lost, whats a good convertor, frictions, valve body, etc

I don't want to buy a complete trans such as ATS, stage 4 is 6300 which is ridiculous, basically im trying to build a solid transmission on somewhat of a budget, I know it will cost a lot but im sure I can build the a similar transmission for 1/2 the price

Thanks in advance!

If you have a spare moment drop by my shop. I've been doing my own transmissions for a while now and I've got it nailed down pretty good. Although for 800hp your looking at 3500+ bucks in parts alone. Assuming you can pick up a converter used and in good condition.

If you have a spare moment drop by my shop. I've been doing my own transmissions for a while now and I've got it nailed down pretty good. Although for 800hp your looking at 3500+ bucks in parts alone. Assuming you can pick up a converter used and in good condition.

a link to your original trans build might be helpful?

Did you do a 47re swap spence? I learned alot from your thread. Ive heard on the RH trans I would only have to wire a switch for lock-up and then for OD on off, is this correct?

Did you do a 47re swap spence? I learned alot from your thread. Ive heard on the RH trans I would only have to wire a switch for lock-up and then for OD on off, is this correct?

Sure did, although I bypassed everything when I put the manual VB in. And I wired it just like an RH, just had to do a little more research on which wires to use since there are obviously more on an RE.

You need to wire those two, and key-on power of course.

I was thinking about putting the re in my 94out of my 01 but I came across the rh and decided it would be much easier of a swap, overtime ill probably end up putting my current 5 speed in my dually anyway

Back