47rh vs 47re

JakeDiesel

I have a chance to get both for a decent price. I was woundering which one could be built stronger/ more relaible. Just by looking at the 2 the re looks a little beefer to me. wiring is not a problem. I would want a full manual vb. Just want to hear everyones opinions
Thanks Jake

They do look the same, The od housing is what looks different to me. am i right or wrong?

go with the rE. that rH is complete garbage, you can send it to me and ill properly dispose of it for ya :hehe:

go with the rE. that rH is complete garbage, you can send it to me and ill properly dispose of it for ya :hehe:

Yes... RH's are dumb. They barely know how to use a computer. Throw it in the trash. (please forward street address;-)

RE has a slightly better output shaft, but lacks an internal governor. (requires manual VB, or computer)

Yes... RH's are dumb. They barely know how to use a computer. Throw it in the trash. (please forward street address;-)

RE has a slightly better output shaft, but lacks an internal governor. (requires manual VB, or computer)

I was told the opposite by both Garmon and Goerend, when I was lloking to have my tranny done, neither wanted to put a billet output in my RH do to the stocker will hold.

I too thought common knowledge stated the rh to have the better output section???

Yes... I screwed that statement up completely (booze/ typing)
RH has the better output shaft, with governor assembly, & can be used w/o computer. RE needs billit out for big HP & manual VB or computer for shifting.:doh:

RE is better if you want to buy a controller and have infinitely adjustable shift points.

RH is better if you want a reliable mechanically governed/shifted transmission that is more difficult to fine tune but more consistent.

RH is better if you don't have money to upgrade the output shaft because it will hold more torque than an RE shaft.

On my personal trucks, my 98' with RE shifts more consistent with varying fluid temp/fluid viscosity.
My 95' with RH shifts at slightly different speeds depending on fluid temp/fluid viscosity, but once up to a consistent fluid temp, the RH shifts at exactly the same speed.

I have an RE that i bought for a good deal. but im kinda lost on how to make it shift....and i dont feel like buying an expensive computer.

Which one would be cheaper if you wanted a fully manual vb.
Is a fully manual vb better than if u could controll ur shift points with the comupter?

Back