48re Exploded

KySmoker

So yesterday morning im going to get a load of hay, empty truck without a trailer yet. Make a turn onto the FM road and BOOM BING POW WANG BANG BANG SCRRRREEEECCCHHHH CHUNK POW. Drive shaft beats the truck to ****, transfer case is hanging down with part of the transmission connected to it and rear diff yoke is ruint. Now if im correct isn't there 2 halfs to the 48 re? A front half with the bell housing and then a rear half? that houses some more junk? All diagrams ive found show this. Also Ive got 4500 smackers to spend on a tranny lets here some ideas. (maybe a little less thinking t-case prolly locked up) Pictures will be up soon.

Sounds like the OD housing broke. What power level are you at and what do you do with the truck?

I got a tcase here if you need one, also a 48re if your interested.

its a very violent mis hap. my brouthers 2005 service truck did this, ecsept his transfer case was run low on oil/fluid and licked up while doing 80 on the interstate.... he seaid its a horrifieing exspeiance

its a very violent mis hap. my brouthers 2005 service truck did this, ecsept his transfer case was run low on oil/fluid and licked up while doing 80 on the interstate.... he seaid its a horrifieing exspeiance

Spell check/grammar lessons are your friend. Or don't drink and post.

What the hell was he doing licking up oil and fluid on the interstate while doing 80???:doh:

Got it tore down about a hour ago. OD housing broke, Tcase is ok thank god but I gotta get a OD housing, rear driveshaft, rear diff yoke but hey it could've been worse. Ive wheeled hardcore 4 wheel drives with my dad since I was 10 ( only 20 now haha) and ive never seen this happen. Someone enlighten me as to what caused it please. Looks like I get to do more tranny work.

mathews8pt - Im stock with a k&n and a superchip set on tow. I drive the truck daily and pull a pintle hitch trailer with a bobcat, backhoe, d4 dozer, small tractor, cross ties, logs, etc etc.

Lavon "LAMiller" above is who you need to talk to about a transmission! He'll fix you right up!

Back