48re govenor solenoid??

josh03

don't ask
ok, so another question about my lovely transmission. Just reinstalled it after putting in a new billet input. Put it all back together, started it up, put it in reverse and it felt good, put it in drive- felt good, so I made sure fluid was up to snuff and then went to take it for a test drive. Felt ok as I started out- like it took off in 1st and everything but then shortly thereafter it just turned into a slush box (before it even got a chance to shift into OD). So I turned around and headed back to the shop and it will hardly go in drive... doesn't matter if you manually shift it or not. Will not start out in first and then won't even transfer power hardly at all in any gear-- except reverse, in which case it still feels fine. Goes right in and feels strong.

So am I right in thinking that this is most likely a clogged govenor/or pressure sensor? It does have a GM gov in it I believe. If anyone has any input that'd be great!

ok, so another question about my lovely transmission. Just reinstalled it after putting in a new billet input. Put it all back together, started it up, put it in reverse and it felt good, put it in drive- felt good, so I made sure fluid was up to snuff and then went to take it for a test drive. Felt ok as I started out- like it took off in 1st and everything but then shortly thereafter it just turned into a slush box (before it even got a chance to shift into OD). So I turned around and headed back to the shop and it will hardly go in drive... doesn't matter if you manually shift it or not. Will not start out in first and then won't even transfer power hardly at all in any gear-- except reverse, in which case it still feels fine. Goes right in and feels strong.

So am I right in thinking that this is most likely a clogged Governor/or pressure sensor? It does have a GM gov in it I believe. If anyone has any input that'd be great!

Did you brake a shaft? If so
you might have small pieces of metal in the valve body and your converter is not charging with fluid it only takes a very small piece in one of the pressure pistons to jam it.

Do the 48re's have the speed sensor in the OD section? if so that sounds like it could be the issue.

ok so update... when it is cold the transmission works fine (i.e. when it sits overnight). I can hop in it in the morning, start it up and it goes right into reverse or right into drive and feels good, shifts right through the gears. Drive it around for about 10 minutes, and then all the sudden it starts acting up as mentioned before (reverse is still fine though. just slips like hell in forward gears and not even sure if it goes into 1st at all.) Anyone have this prob?

That's a weird one Josh. Did you get all 3 seals on the input shaft?

ya its got me stumped chad. everything looked good when it went together... would the pressure sensor have anything to do with it?

Back