48re line pressure

RollCoal9000

Setting line pressure in my 48re. Just have it on Jack stands atm, in D at idle I'm seeing 125 psi? When it shifts to third I'm seeing 190. I have the cooler lines looped but that shouldn't affect line pressure. Screw is 1/2 turn from flush.

With the pan off cycling the key the arm goes against the stop then just goes back a hair. Cycling the pedal I have full movement of the throttle valve.

I used a pdd DIY kit on the vb. Everything went together smooth. Goes into all gears fine.

At stall in D I was getting 140.

I put a long hose on it and did some testing and i couldn't get more than 190 psi line pressure I think its fine. it went down to 95 or so at idle now. Gonna order a cooler so I can road test it now.

That’s good pressure. I like 170-180 converter locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running 170-175 in od just like I wanted. Still 110 at idle maybe cause of new pump gears?

Having an issue with tc not unlocking while slowing down in tow/haul. Throttle pressure adjustment maybe.

It also doesn't want to downshift until I slow down with tow haul off. Transducer doesn't have that many miles on it. Think it's the throttle pressure adjustment. If I floor it at 60 it doesn't downshift sometimes unlocks for a second then locks back up in od.

I’d mess with the tv cable some, not the screw on VB.

I've randomly got a hiccup in OD 3 times today, revs up like its downshifting, but it's not slipping, then goes right back to normal. Wont slip under wot. Did a few pulls today worked great.

Has the GM solenoid already, failing transducer? It's still got the plastic one

I will throw a gauge on it tomorrow I ordered a bd transducer also hopefully this helps with the weird glitches.

It does slip now in 1st and 2nd forward clutch seals probably blown line pressure still good but 2-3 bind probably not helping it

It would slip in 3rd if rear clutch was slipping, text if you want quicker responses 7045269366

Back