48re overdrive splines

dangerous06

diesel tech
Ok Well I welded my OD clutches together thanks to a hole in a trans line! Yeah the flex one that goes to the TQ cooler. Anyway was 100 miles deep in the desert started losing pressure limped to service station added 12 quarts almost made it home last hill killed it 25k trailer in tow! Didn't think it would weld itself together but it did! Even the intermediate shaft won't come out LOL
Anyway I had some spare parts put a new O.D. housing together the O.D. clutch was already together but to my dismay the splines got misaligned and could NOT get it on the tranny.
Does anyone have a way to align the splines an easy way besides releasing the spring?

:woohoo:Ok ready for the magic.............
Take a intermediate shaft that you sheered the last 1 1/2" to 2 " off the end that goes into the O.D. housing. Clean the splines Chamfer the end clean the splines in the wasted Sun Gear till it goes in and out smoothly. Install in housing be sure your in the first half of the splines. lock vise grips on the top splines and slap with a mallet. Look inside and repeat till lined up! Hit in Clockwise direction! install on transmission and carry on with the install!
Yeah baby:woohoo::clap::clap:

Back