48re rooster comb

jayrowland

Looking for the elusive rooster comb for the 48re transmission. Any and all help is appreciated.

I haven't checked, but I think the 'comb' is a different shape and loads the pivot quite a bit more. I have seen several very worn.
I will check to see if dodge sells it seperately.

Probably swapping some 47RE to 48RE. The rooster combs are different.

Was replacing the rear overdrive section due to damage and put too much pressure on that rod that goes to the front of the transmission on the drivers side inside the transmission. Broke the comb at the pressed in bearing. Was going to weld it, but the transmission shop did not feel like that would work.

I have one but the only way to aquire one is buying a core 48re vb which are hard to find for less than $250 so I find a spare 48re rooster comb worth more to me then I feel is a fair selling price. But I would sell it for the right price.

Lavon

I have one but the only way to aquire one is buying a core 48re vb which are hard to find for less than $250 so I find a spare 48re rooster comb worth more to me then I feel is a fair selling price. But I would sell it for the right price.

Lavon

My thoughts exactly. I had some laying around a few years back, as I was putting 48RE in some 47RE trucks. Finding them might be an issue. What is one worth?

I'll check when I get home I might have one on a core vb I have laying around.

Back