48re trans harness

Jordan Koehn

I need a transmission harness for a 2006 48re. Along with the cable that runs to the cab and to the ecm.

Let me know what you have. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone. I need one pretty bad. But not bad enough to pay the 550 for a Chrysler one.

Although I don't know if it'll help, I'll have a 47re harness and the cable... not sure if it's compatible or if you could use it but just throwing it out there...

sent from the phone

From what I can make out he needs all of the harnesses from the firewall out, in the engine bay, including transmission, fusebox/headlight harness and engine/ECM harnesses.

There are no "cables" per-se, just various gauges of wiring, which some people call "cables".

PART NUMBERS would help greatly in this quest.

Mark.

The shift Cable is separate from the wiring harness. I have access to a 06 transmission harness that a guy bought brand new from chrysler and now is not using it.

Lavon

I need a transmission harness for a 2006 48re. Along with the cable that runs to the cab and to the ecm.

Let me know what you have. Thank you.

Lavon,
I read the bolded part as wiring "cable", not as a tranny shift cable.

Mark.

From what I can make out he needs all of the harnesses from the firewall out, in the engine bay, including transmission, fusebox/headlight harness and engine/ECM harnesses.

There are no "cables" per-se, just various gauges of wiring, which some people call "cables".

PART NUMBERS would help greatly in this quest.

Mark.

Sorry, rjustman and I had a misunderstanding about this very issue. When I said transmission harness I meant the section of wiring that physically plugs into the trans. I guess I thought that would be obvious but I was wrong. I repaired my old section. It had fallen down and hit the front driveshaft.

Certain years and applications have short sections that plug into other harnesses, some are less flexible.

In the case of a 2007 5.9, 6 speed engine/ECM/trans harness I have, the trans harness is all one piece up to the big plug in the engine bay/fuse box harness.
It has no separate trans harness.
That being said, a 2006 AUTO harness I have has a separate plug that the auto trans "pigtail" harness plugs into, then the harness plugs into the big connector.

Talk about confusion!

This is why part numbers are invaluable for determining one harness (or section of harness) from another.
Unfortunately, it also entails an extensive set of parts manuals to make heads or tails of them, or an intimate knowledge of what may or may not be possible.

I've been lucky enough to Google some of the part numbers and come up with good clues as to what is what, but it's a PITA for most people, for sure.

Mark.

That being said, a 2006 AUTO harness I have has a separate plug that the auto trans "pigtail" harness plugs into, then the harness plugs into the big connector.

Talk about confusion!

That's exactly what I said I had.

That also sounds like what I needed.

Whatever. Some people are hard to get along with. I know if I sold someone a part and we had communication issues, I would refund his money. But some people are douches. I guess if this don't fix it, I'll get a part number and work something out with you, Mark. Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize there was that many differences between years.

Back