4bt In '09 Expedition

Bobus

Powerstroked
So I just bought the wife a '09 Expedition. And she asked me if it was possible to put a diesel in it. So my question is, possible to put a 4bt in the Expy and keep the auto trans? I was looking at 4btswaps and those guys are putting manuals behind them (wife can't drive manual). I think theirs enough room for a 12v, then I could run many different transmissions but is that too big for the 1/2 ton frame?

If a 6 fits, use it.
The 4bt's biggest crutch is it's noise and vibration at idle.

Mark.

Wasn't sure if the Expy size would cause an issue seeing as a guy can get 200+ hp out of a 4bt.

Will the 5.9l be too heavy for a 1/2ton Expy frame and suspension? What can I do too beef it up?

then I could run many different transmissions but is that too big for the 1/2 ton frame?

When you remove the flywheel housing's from both the 4bt and 6bt and look at the back of the engine, they are exactly the same. So, you have just as many tranny choices with the 4 as you would the six.

is that too big for the 1/2 ton frame?

I think there is plenty of frame. Is it torsion bar, coil, or strut set-up? I think they made some changes around 08-09 years.

Back