4k GSK problems (kinda long but need help please)

I got a feeling he's going to lay down a lot more than that!

I don't think Ty or his truck are cursed... all sins were forgiven when he put a real pump on it IMO

Wanna place a wager?

I know where that truck and keys will be Friday night, I can put some "insurance" on it. :hehe::kick:

So do I. And if you reach in to my pockets while I'm sleeping there's going to be a fight. LOL

Forrest if I make it back over 400 for the 3rd time I'll be happy. Hell, I expect a dang trophy. LOL

Well if that's all I'm lacking then why didn't you speak up before. LOL

Glad I found this, as my truck is doing the exact same thing. Only difference is, I put my idle shims back in tonight (3 on each side). Set them up the same way, 3 clicks each side. Idle is good at around 900, but the slightest bump of the pedal will send it to 1400 and stay there.

I've been having this problem for a while now, trying 1 click, 2 clicks, 3 clicks and finally got a tip that I might need the idle shims back in. Not sure if I should try 2 clicks on each side or not.

The best it has ran is 1 soft and 1 hard click each side, but the power was pulled WAY back. Sorry to hijack your thread, but this is the closest thing I can find to my problem. '96 215 pump, 0 plate, stock other than that.

Hell I don't mind. Makes me feel good that I aint alone LOL. My power is pulled way back as well. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and send the pump off to seth (CTDyounggun) and have him set the GSK up along with everything else. Trying to round up some DV's to put in at the same time as well.

The shims fixed the issue I was having. At least the idle. It would either be at 700, or skyrocket somewhere around 1100 with nothing inbetween, but the pedal wasn't touchy driving. With the shims in, I set it at 900 and all seems well. I can't comment on the power, as the he351 on the truck lights a lot sooner and feels faster. I may still take the pump off and send it to Goff Injection to flow a bit more fuel and see what else he can do to it. It would be a lot easier to get to my leaking power steering pump that way, too.

Does it matter which side you put the shims on? I'm having a problem too, and I've tried a million different setups with the springs. Right now I'm at 7 clicks on each side, and that seems to be working the best. But that seems like a lot of clicks to me.

Should I try to put the shims back in?

My problem turned out to be the spring seats that came in the industrial 4k kit. Seth put a different set in and set them up initial plus 2 clicks and it idles perfectly at 900 in park and 800 in drive with the AC on.

Back